PDA

View Full Version : ffd-gaming.de server - 2006.06.12. Also note to other EU servers

iMMuNiTy
12th June 2006, 14:22
Lately I've been bumping into wladan, a player that seems to have a dead eye on Hidden. He is always (without exceptions) equipped with a shotgun, and he always makes a direct hit, rather than a lucky hit to the legs in mid-air. There are a few exceptions however, for example when the Hidden is a good player. Then Mr. Wladan kills the Hidden with 'only' a hit to the legs.

Right now you're thinking, 'he's just a good player'. That's what I thought. But he just outright sucks as the Hidden. He plays awful. He spams grenades, pounces clumsily, misses pigsticks, and even I can take him down. In derelict he's slightly better though, but then again, who isn't? Furthermore, seeing the same guy kill a Hidden twice in a row is nothing, thrice - sure, why not, four - wow!, five - WTF!

I managed to catch only one demo, because there were only three players (me, wladan and Leprechaun), and obviously the remaining active player left. I'll record more when I get the chance, he frequents other servers as well (which is another weird factor - how come he popped up days ago, but is such a 'pro'?)

http://rapidshare.de/files/22863711/demo2.dem.html

[PSE]shark
12th June 2006, 16:21
Hy!

Sorry, but i saw and play with wladan... And he is fast and very good reflex on this game!

Dr.SharK
12th June 2006, 16:25
shark']Hy!

Sorry, but i saw and play with wladan... And he is fast and very good reflex on this game!

A gimmick with no grammatical skills whatsoever, randomly postes on this forum? Fishieness!!111

iMMuNiTy
12th June 2006, 17:31
shark']Hy!

Sorry, but i saw and play with wladan... And he is fast and very good reflex on this game!Hi, wladan. Nice to see you pop in. I guess I shouldn't have warned you that I'd report you.

Jah Ith Ber
12th June 2006, 22:57
shark']Hy!

Oh wow, what a newb. Now he's coming to the fourms and pretending to be some other guy to hold up for his sake.

1 post.. joined June 2006. And the 1st post was on the Server Admins forum. Seems suspicious.

monzon
15th June 2006, 00:20
hey hoi,
iam the admin of the ffd-gaming.de server...i have baned wladan because i think he is cheating too...he shot down most the hidden with one shot..so i have baned him...but with the hidden update my ban.cfg is overwriten and now i have no steam id from the guy...the demos show no steam id too :/

but see you on server ;) if sth is wrong with the server etc write me @ icq or our homepage @ www.ffd-gaming.de

Dead Inside
15th June 2006, 01:33
but with the hidden update my ban.cfg is overwriten

Hmm i thought it was just me that happened to, i lost over 300 bans and had to spend a day grepping the logs (which thankfully remained) to rebuild it. :(

At least i'll remember to make more regular backups in future ¬_¬

iMMuNiTy
16th June 2006, 11:12
Heh. Alright, thanks a lot.