PDA

View Full Version : Server browser bug

Felf
12th June 2006, 10:18
In the server browser, alot of the beta3 servers still show up.

SkaveRat
12th June 2006, 10:20
it's a normal steam "bug" [I think vALVE is saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature"]

go and open CSS. Look at the servers. There are still 1.6 servers in there ;)
same with DoD:S/1.3

Ging
12th June 2006, 12:56
It's because the server browser bases what game from the folder it's in, so unless we start installing hidden to folders like hiddenb4, this issues going to stay unless valve change it!

peglegpete
12th June 2006, 14:00
Is there a way to give a more appropriate error message when someone using B3 connects to a B4 server? I sat, alone, in the DeadClan server for 20 minutes this morning, hoping some people would connect so I could try out the new release. A handful of people "connected" but never showed up on the scoreboard or ingame even after 5-10 minutes of waiting patiently. I assume those guys got the "server uses different class tables" message, which doesn't really explain that they are using an older version of the mod. The online community isn't really good at inducing these kind of things.

Though I assume the error message is in the hands of Valve.

Ging
12th June 2006, 14:02
The error message is indeed in the hands of valve, a number of people have requested a nicer way of dealing with the issue but there's been no official response...

Of course, the best thing would be to allow mods to release over steam, saving us the hassle of doing this whole "release via website" business - everyone would get the update when they next played!

peglegpete
12th June 2006, 14:05
Of course, the best thing would be to allow mods to release over steam, saving us the hassle of doing this whole "release via website" business - everyone would get the update when they next played!

I seem to remember them saying over and over that that feature was coming soon to third party mods. Guess they are still searchin for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Ging
12th June 2006, 14:07
I seem to remember them saying over and over that that feature was coming soon to third party mods. Guess they are still searchin for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

That and an SDK update - one day, when I'm 70 and HL2 has died a death...

PureD
12th June 2006, 22:59
it's a normal steam "bug" [I think vALVE is saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature"]

go and open CSS. Look at the servers. There are still 1.6 servers in there ;)
same with DoD:S/1.3
people play CS 1.6 and some people think that its much better than CS:S

SkaveRat
12th June 2006, 23:17
people play CS 1.6 and some people think that its much better than CS:S
and some ppl (like me) think cs (1.5, 1.6, source and every verion in future) is a great game for 11 year old babies who don't have rl. To all cs gamer: get a life and a good game.
But it starts a bit offtopic.

so...where were we?