PDA

View Full Version : If you want no ambient sound (STICKY PLEASE, OH GOD PLEASE!)

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 19:43
Hello. You visited this thread because either

A: You wanted to know how to get Ambient sound away
B: You were bored, or
C: You're a thread whoore.

If you are the letter A listen to these instructions to remove ambient sound (wind etc.)

1- Music

There are 3 ways to remove music

A: Turn it off in options, NOTE: This has been reported to be faulty by many people!
B: Delete the music files from the folder /sounds/music NOTE: The console will complain about the missing file
C: Make an empty sound file, and rename it so it matches the music files, then overwrite

2- Ingame ambient

Ingame ambient sound can get quite annoying if you listen to it all day long, so it's good we can remove it! Almost all custom maps uses the soundscapes (as they are called) that are made by The Hidden Team, so it will mostly work on them too

A: /scripts, delete all the files with SOUNDSCAPE in them. NOTE: This will "LIKELY" cause a random looping sound in the game!
B: Goto EACH and every single one of the files. If you seach alittle, you will find lines that start with VOLUME. Change all numbers that's _NOT_ "0" to "0" (IE, Volume ------- 0.1 should be 0.0)
C: Bind all your keys with "Cl_soundscape_flush" "cl_soundfile 0" "stopsoundscape"

I hope this thread can be stickied so it can help more people: I know alot who thought this was handy :)

-Dr.SharK

Sonic
11th June 2006, 19:49
I don't know of anyone who's complained about the ambient music and everything. I'm pretty sure almost everyone likes it.

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 19:52
I don't know of anyone who's complained about the ambient music and everything. I'm pretty sure almost everyone likes it.

You must not be playing with people like me. I can't stand hearing birds tweet, cars driving etc. I just want to focuse on getting the MOFO down, and the best way to do that, is concentrate on the sounds! :) You should really try it (just make a backup), it's a much better experience since you now have a chance to kill instead of just luck

-Dr.SharK

Sonic
11th June 2006, 19:57
You my friend, are talking to a man who hunted down that mother fucker WITH A GEFROCE 2! IT WAS DAMN IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE HIM!

The ambience made it a HELLUVA lot scarier for me, because I would just hear small stuff, like "chirp chirp" It didn't matter. But I would get SO freaked out when I heard that "khokhokhokhoKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHO" coming near me. I would just spray if I heard the hidden's footstepd before hand. I no longer play this mod to kill, but to have fun. Then ambince makes it fun, because it can scare you.

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 20:02
You my friend, are talking to a man who hunted down that mother fucker WITH A GEFROCE 2! IT WAS DAMN IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE HIM!

The ambience made it a HELLUVA lot scarier for me, because I would just hear small stuff, like "chirp chirp" It didn't matter. But I would get SO freaked out when I heard that "khokhokhokhoKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHOKHO" coming near me. I would just spray if I heard the hidden's footstepd before hand. I no longer play this mod to kill, but to have fun. Then ambince makes it fun, because it can scare you.

Ok, so you have tried getting him down the hard way ^^

Still, i can't, and will never, like ambience. I hate it. I feel it's much scarier when a good hidden is throwing around with physics in Executive, 1on1, and you have nowhere to go. Still, that's all about opinions

Sonic
11th June 2006, 20:04
Holy crap! I typed "helluva" and I didn't mean to...

Boxy
11th June 2006, 20:30
Calm down a little eh lads, play nice or get temp bans. If you dont like the ambience then follow sharks suggestions. I personally love them, I think Shark is removing a big part of the experience and immersion by binning a lot of the sounds, but its his choice.

Sonic
11th June 2006, 20:35
uhhh... We were just discussing... We get temp bans for THAT?

Boxy
11th June 2006, 20:50
It just looked like it was getting heated Sonic, and you have been getting 'a little wild' recently matey, just cool off a little bit. Man how many people have I banned, temporary or otherwise.....0. Its not in my nature tbh.

Sonic
11th June 2006, 20:55
Don't worry, once I use 3 or so words consecutively, THEN I'm starting to get pissed. Once I start saying things like "gay," then get the tranquiliizers.