PDA

View Full Version : annoying bug...i might be the only one

goldenfire
11th June 2006, 06:51
well, my specs are pretty good, dx9.0c and plenty of RAM and junk to play the game, but for some reason, my computer can't watch the hidden die...what i mean is, like, every time i see the hidden get killed, well, most of the times my computer freezes and starts jumping in the sounds, i don't see the hidden, then after my computer starts closing down H:S, the hidden pops up really quick (he looks like models do if they have no weapons at all) then my computer closes down H:S with the whole "Send/Don't Send" microsoft error messages...a little help is appreciated...

Sonic
11th June 2006, 06:59
Well, the game crashes when the Hidden dies if you have DX7, but the rest of the stuff doesn't happen. PLus, you have DX9.....

hutch
11th June 2006, 07:36
well, my specs are pretty good, dx9.0c and plenty of RAM and junk to play the game, but for some reason, my computer can't watch the hidden die...what i mean is, like, every time i see the hidden get killed, well, most of the times my computer freezes and starts jumping in the sounds, i don't see the hidden, then after my computer starts closing down H:S, the hidden pops up really quick (he looks like models do if they have no weapons at all) then my computer closes down H:S with the whole "Send/Don't Send" microsoft error messages...a little help is appreciated...
Ok, I am going to assume that you dont have much computer experience.
If you do, then simply list your PC's specs. While having DX9 software is importiant, you also have to have at least a DX8 video card.
If I'm right then
start>programs>accessories>system tools>system information
when it loads hit print screen.
Now open paint
now hit ctrl+v
save the file
and send it to oldwounds (at) gmail.com (if your comfortiable with showing someone your pc's specs)
OR upload it too imageshack and post a link.
and I'll see if your specs can run this.
hope I can help.

Veon
11th June 2006, 11:43
You might have DX9, but your card can still be DX7.

mullen1200
11th June 2006, 15:36
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=4443

You need to do all the stuff on that page. Friend had the problem and that fixed it 100 percent for him

hutch
11th June 2006, 15:48
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=4443

You need to do all the stuff on that page. Friend had the problem and that fixed it 100 percent for him
How can you know that his DX level is a problem when you don't even know his card? Its a possiability only.
Don't go and do this unless your card is sub DX8.

And mullen you probably shouldn't recomend people do fixes like that unless you know for sure that they have a older video card.. Not sure, but that might mess up someone with a newer card.

ThunderDan
11th June 2006, 17:40
I might be crazy but I can almost guarantee this guy has dx7 hardware or dx8 that valve sets to run at dx7. That's the only bug I know of that would cause that to happen.

Also, just copying the mdls from the post will fix the crash - the other stuff will only help your game run smoother really - at the cost of prettiness.

But know your hardware would let use know for sure.

hutch
11th June 2006, 17:49
I might be crazy but I can almost guarantee this guy has dx7 hardware or dx8 that valve sets to run at dx7. That's the only bug I know of that would cause that to happen.

Also, just copying the mdls from the post will fix the crash - the other stuff will only help your game run smoother really - at the cost of prettiness.

But know your hardware would let use know for sure.
That was the thing, we dont know what DX his card is, and I wasent sure if that fix would mess up anything.

goldenfire
11th June 2006, 21:43
about all that, i use dxdiag in the run program to check my system specs, and plus, i've already tried those things...it's just that i don't have the whole teaurn mdl's to move...but then again, i am running a laptop with a radeon IGP...seems only to work when it wants to...oh well...just a super quick post before work...using a laptop because movers trashed my computer...fags...

steve101101
13th June 2006, 12:42
this used to happen to me eventhough i had a directx 8 card. However the new patch (4) seems to fix this annoying problem for me.