PDA

View Full Version : Banned for TK on smokeys

Pvt.Postal
10th June 2006, 13:27
Im relatively new to this game and just got banned for TKing on smokeys server, im not trying to use being new as an excuse cos it isnt, but i just wanted to find out about how to get unbanned?

I had only just joined the server, 2nd round i think, when as i ran from spawn i was injured from behind. This game still holds a certain fear for me so i spun round and was relieved to see it was just a teammate having "accidentally" shot me. I turned to leave and was again shot. This happened 4 or 5 times and i turned and killed him. At which point i was banned.

I know i should have abided by the rules but i dont actually know how to use the system to report people. For a start i cant work out what is meant by a 'demo'. If i could somehow earn back my priviledge of playing on Smokey's server that would be great, but if not then could someone at least explain how i report people for team wounding and team killing? Along with how to make a 'demo' of this.

Any response would be much appreiciated,

Veon
10th June 2006, 13:34
Delibirate teamdamage is not allowed

Tking on smokeys = Permafrosted.

scratch
10th June 2006, 13:39
You don't get banned for just one tk. Why not tell us the whole story?

edit°
10th June 2006, 13:41
It was me that banned you mate and as unfortunate as it is, we can't allow any kind of TKing. The MOTD that you HAVE TO click 'ok' to when you enter says no teamkilling/wounding. We've even gone so far as to put no revenge tking as well.

Your steamID won't be published here so theres plenty of places you can still play and they might be understanding given how new you are. A ban on smokeys is a permanent thing however and we can't really unban you and not unban everyone else whos been banned for doing it.

Sorry about that but you'll be fine. Theres plenty of good euro servers.

edit°
10th June 2006, 13:43
You don't get banned for just one tk. Why not tell us the whole story?

You do. ANY deliberate TKing will result in a ban.

Pvt.Postal
10th June 2006, 13:48
ok, thanks for explaining.

can someone explain how i go about reporting TK-ing in future so i dont end up messing up again?

Pvt.Postal
10th June 2006, 13:49
Sorry to sound like even more of a noob, but whats an MOTD?

edit°
10th June 2006, 13:50
Get in the console and type "record [demoname]" without the [ ]s or "s

This will start recording a demo with the name you've given.

When you're satisfied you've got the evidence - type "Status" without the "s again in the console and then type "Stop". The demo will be in your hidden folder.

edit : MOTD is the message of the day you see when you log into a server.

Pvt.Postal
10th June 2006, 13:56
i know that i now sound like even more of a complete loser... but... what's the console? And how do i get to it?

SkaveRat
10th June 2006, 14:14
open steam
rightclick on Hidden:Source
[...]Startoptions (or sth like that)
type in:
-console

should work. (if you press esc. ingame you should have a console)

Pvt.Postal
10th June 2006, 14:29
Thanks. Will try that when i next play.

Also TY to every1 who posted.

Can't See
10th June 2006, 15:07
Postal I gotta say you sound really mature there, BUT I remember having probs with you TKing on deadclans once.

scratch
10th June 2006, 15:35
You do. ANY deliberate TKing will result in a ban.

Only when you're there. The server can't realize if it was a deliberate tk, can it?

nowhere
10th June 2006, 15:49
No it can't.

edit°
10th June 2006, 16:00
We're there a lot of the time. The server autobans for 5 punishments as well though.

Can't See
10th June 2006, 16:56
Smokes is a UK based server correct?

Dead Inside
10th June 2006, 17:24
Hosted in Germany, UK admins. Mani kicks for pings 100+ though.

Cyborg
10th June 2006, 22:19
cl_cmdrate 1

tada!

Felf
11th June 2006, 10:30
cl_cmdrate 1

tada!

ZOMG HAXOR :p

Edit - i hardly ever see you there (i can't remember the name of the other admin)... You play under different names then? (admittedly, im not on there as often as i wud like - you guys are always full up.)

Pvt.Postal
12th June 2006, 17:44
Postal I gotta say you sound really mature there, BUT I remember having probs with you TKing on deadclans once.

Sure it was me? Or some feind stealing my name - met sum1 with same name once, only his was in a weird font... so I guess you'd remember

Other than on smokeys when i was being too hot-headed I dont think I've ever TK'd.... at least not on The Hidden.

If I did then it wont have been intentional and if it was u I TK'd: I apologise.

edit°
12th June 2006, 18:44
ZOMG HAXOR :p

Edit - i hardly ever see you there (i can't remember the name of the other admin)... You play under different names then? (admittedly, im not on there as often as i wud like - you guys are always full up.)

I'm there a fair bit. GMT 7 - 11 normally. Somewhere in that bracket.