PDA

View Full Version : Pouncing when an IRIS? O_o

Nikolai94
6th June 2006, 16:02
Hey...within my first gameplay hour of this awsome mod, I forgot what map it was, but it has like an outside part for the IRIS and there's some bulding with a floor that has a hole in it.

Annyways, I was on a dumpster nearby a blacony that had railguards. So I just run on the dumpster and just jump and pounce (keep in mind that I'm was IRIS).
So when I jumped and pounced..I really did pounce O_o kinda freaked me out, I was sort of very confused. My teamates also we're like "Wtf" So yeah...And it also happened to me in that sewer map.

Veon
6th June 2006, 16:20
It happends on all physic props if you stand on them and then jump in a certain way you will be lunged.

SynxUK
6th June 2006, 17:08
It can even happen on CS:S with the crate like, wooden planks. (Great description ay?) In hidden wooden boxes are sometimes sitting on them, i.e. discovery.

Ging
6th June 2006, 17:30
I think the term you're looking for is pallet

SynxUK
6th June 2006, 17:46
t'would be the one.

Isolation
6th June 2006, 21:30
Sounds like Mobscene... But yeah, some objects can cause weird stuff like that. In fact, back in beta 2 I called it the "IRIS Pounce" and used it a few times to get away from The Hidden.

hutch
7th June 2006, 01:45
Sounds like Mobscene... But yeah, some objects can cause weird stuff like that. In fact, back in beta 2 I called it the "IRIS Pounce" and used it a few times to get away from The Hidden.
Heh, I tried to do that once but I failed and died in a shower of gibs only a half second and 2 1/2 feet later :p