PDA

View Full Version : i brought this up in B1

R3P1N5
4th June 2006, 13:05
i brought this up in B1... the hidden's hitboxes are... NOT RIGHT just take a look at this screenie (i was playing against bots)

:eek:

http://i6.tinypic.com/11lohs1.jpg

PLEASE fix zis

:)

Essobie
4th June 2006, 23:26
Yoinks. I figured this was a hackjob, so I fired up a listen server myself. It isn't as bad as it looks, but overall the hitbox for him is definately outside the normal spot.

For the curious:

1. Create a local server. Password it and/or make it local only.
2. Once the map loads, join the game. Pick a class, and choose the Laser Sight and whatever weapons you want (although I'd pass on the shotgun).
3. Bring down the console and type in the following (hitting Enter after every line, of course):

sv_cheats 1
bot_add
sv_showhitboxes 2

4. Since the bot has already "joined" he'll be picked as the Hidden the first round, and you'll be IRIS.
5. Go find the bot, and you'll see a hitbox array like the one shown in the above screenshot.
6. Shoot him once if he won't stop twitching.

Here's the deal though: that box isn't exactly where the hit box really is. It's CLOSE, but not exact. It isn't that big. It is, however, not right. You can see where the hitbox really is by hovering your laser sight over the Hidden.

Just for giggles, I checked the IRIS hitboxes, and they appear to be fine*.

*By fine, I mean they adhere to the model's render location. By the way, if there was a way to change the hit boxes to a single cylinder that approximates the IRIS model's center mass, you might get a lot better gameplay out of it. Since the IRIS is mostly going to get hit by melee or area of effect weapons (i.e. the stuff the Hidden uses) there's no need for such a complex hitbox arrangement for them. Exempt maybe for friendly fire, and I'd be all for making it harder for teammates to shoot me accidentally.

Ging
4th June 2006, 23:40
fixed already.

Veon
4th June 2006, 23:56
Holy ass.

R3P1N5
5th June 2006, 16:07
Yoinks. I figured this was a hackjob, so I fired up a listen server myself. It isn't as bad as it looks, but overall the hitbox for him is definately outside the normal spot.

ngle cylinder that approximates the IRIS model's center mass, you might get a lot better gameplay out of it. Since the IRIS is mostly going to get hit by melee or area of effect weapons (i.e. the stuff the Hidden uses) there's no need for such a complex hitbox arrangement for them. Exempt maybe for friendly fire, and I'd be all for making it harder for teammates to shoot me accidentally.

Thanks for the huge report there, you did what i couldnt be bothered doing ;)

R3P1N5
14th April 2007, 19:04
its still there in the latest release Ging... :S

i just had a look to see if it'd been fixed.

Daedalus
14th April 2007, 19:14
Nice thread necro sir.

Boxy
14th April 2007, 19:37
Yeah, but he is right, the ass hitbox is still there (or somehow came back) and makes killing 617 that little bit easier...

Subface Normal
14th April 2007, 20:19
Bustin' a cap in the hidden's ass has never been easier... :rolleyes:

Daedalus
14th April 2007, 21:58
Yeah, but he is right, the ass hitbox is still there (or somehow came back) and makes killing 617 that little bit easier...

But-but-but I thought it was fixed! :eek:

Ging
14th April 2007, 23:16
It was...

fuck it, I don't care about it anymore, I've fixed that model more times than I care to remember, someone else always fucks it up.

Subface Normal
14th April 2007, 23:16
822 -

- custom maps can now use custom soundscape files without altering the manifests file
- fixed the hiddens huge arse hitbox
- moved the chat text area above the IRIS radar
- only IRIS holster weapons on ladders
- moved files to try and stop DX6 crashes
- revised tutorial levels
- removed hdn_randomselection
- added hdn_selectmethod to allow selection of 'classic', weighted and random methods
- added initial weighting system, basics of 1 weighting per damage done, bonuses for 303 and killing, negatives for ff
- added output of percentage chance for hidden selection for clients

*GASP* When Ging lies... who do we turn to for trust? :eek:

Ging
15th April 2007, 00:08
*GASP* When Ging lies... who do we turn to for trust? :eek:

I didn't lie! I did fix it, I remember checking!

hutch
15th April 2007, 06:59
I didn't lie! I did fix it, I remember checking!

BURN THE DEFOULER OF THE MODELS! FIND THEM LORD GING AND ALLOW US A ROFLBBQ!

Daedalus
15th April 2007, 08:17
BURN THE DEFOULER OF THE MODELS! FIND THEM LORD GING AND ALLOW US A ROFLBBQ!

Oh hutch, a slap on the wrist is more than enough.

Subface Normal
15th April 2007, 15:30
I dunno... that ROFLBBQ sounds pretty tasty...