PDA

View Full Version : Swallowing sound

Veon
2nd June 2006, 22:33
Sometimes sounds that appear to be swallowing or bubble sounds appear in Hidden, they seem to be coming from 617 himself and this has given him away quite a few time. Is it possible to fix? I know it is in the original HL2 and such but could it be removed for Hidden?

SilverDogg
2nd June 2006, 22:45
i hear them a lot, and its bugging me.
some ppl said it occured when someone logged into the server =/.

hope it can be fixed.

Essobie
2nd June 2006, 22:54
i hear them a lot, and its bugging me.
some ppl said it occured when someone logged into the server =/.

It is, in fact, when someone logs onto the server. It's bugged me since I started playing, and why I never came to the forums and whined about it I have no idea.

Fzm
3rd June 2006, 08:00
i never knew what that sound is ^^

i always thought its the hidden so it scared me :D

Demented
3rd June 2006, 10:13
It's a bubbles sound. Occurs when player are out of sync with the server, mainly new-joiners and heavy laggers. I really have no idea it's there, but it is. Everytime I hear that sound, I look for the poor sod whose connection is giving him the one-finger-salute.

Merciless
3rd June 2006, 10:53
the sound plays to let you know somebody has joined the game... :p and it doesnt come from the hidden either.

Veon
3rd June 2006, 11:07
the sound plays to let you know somebody has joined the game... :p and it doesnt come from the hidden either.
It has happend more then once that I've heard that sound and I turn around and shoot and I hit him, might just be coincidence but it seems weird.

majesticmerc
3rd June 2006, 11:31
The sound actually originates from the IRIS spawn I think

scratch
3rd June 2006, 14:50
Ye lol and people wanted to tell me they hear a bubble sound on my map. Lmao.

Ging
3rd June 2006, 16:02
I've looked into this before and well, I have NO idea why it's playing the sound (which is the drowning bubble noise) I'll keep poking around and see if I can't figure out where it's coming from.

kkazican
4th June 2006, 17:05
I always thought that it sounded like the IRIS lighting up a bong. Or perhaps the hidden since he does have that funky vision.

Fzm
4th June 2006, 20:08
i think i heard this sound today in dystopia oO

majesticmerc
5th June 2006, 11:57
I always thought that it sounded like the IRIS lighting up a bong. Or perhaps the hidden since he does have that funky vision.

Well if the IRIS are lighting it up, that would explain why they are hunting an invisible enemy.

"Weed... Don't Bring Guns"

SynxUK
8th June 2006, 09:52
i had a post also mentioning this, i could have sworn i posted before (this post), it also included 2 other points. But the post looks to have been deleted... :confused:

Edit>> My post is under suggestions as the 2 other points are not bugs, and so due to 2 to 1. I posted there. http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?p=71874#post71874

Mr. Bottomhat
8th June 2006, 20:07
The bubbles are in cs 1.6 as well are are probably just to point out a lagger. Pretty useful when hunting a laggy hidden.