PDA

View Full Version : Nightvision

Ayrehead
2nd June 2006, 23:00
Now I didnt search the forums but I didn't think it had been brought up, so here I go.

I encountered a guy on a server today, who was exceptionally good at spotting the hidden, now that's not why I was questioning this guy, it was that he kept on switching his nightvision on and off. So I asked him what he was doing, and he admitted to me that it helped him see the hidden better.

Now I wasnt sure he was exploiting anything, so I posted this to see what other people thought.

Veon
2nd June 2006, 23:19
Makes my eyes bleed.

Essobie
3rd June 2006, 00:02
I don't see (or rather, hear) nightvision users all that often, but I do have to say that the sound used for it turning on and off is a bit loud and can be heard from a bit too far away from the person using it. The click actually sounds like it's coming from inside my own skull when it's played. Is that sound set to ambient or something?

When people are spamming it on and off it's pretty hard to hear other stuff (and I imagine could be used as some farflung griefing tactic at some point).

ThunderDan
3rd June 2006, 09:26
I've seen people shotting each other with the less than lethals because they believe it helps them see better. I haven't seen any benefit to either of these tactics, but I don't know.