PDA

View Full Version : laser 'bug'

Mart Ini
1st June 2006, 13:11
I found a minor bug with the laser. Sometimes when i try to place one, i can not place it instantly like normal.
I have to scroll around the weapons to the laser, and than i can place it.

This does not happen every time.

Just thought you devs should know.

-mart

edit°
1st June 2006, 14:20
I can back this up. It happens for me as well.

peglegpete
1st June 2006, 16:24
Aye happens to me as well.

Also, sometimes the lasers don't go all the away across, like if someone walks through them but they don't reset themselves to touch the wall oppposite of themselves. (Example screenshot (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g135/peglegpetepm/hidden_ws.jpg), look at the lasers on the right)

Lastly, the lasers will endlessly be tripped (make the "BWAHN" noise) if their laser goes through certain surfaces, like fences or ladders. Only way to stop the noise is to destroy the sonic alarm :(

Fzm
2nd June 2006, 20:14
this happens, if you try to place the laser in the air.

nothing happens and after that, you have to change weapons before planting it on the wall...

Daedalus
4th June 2006, 07:42
Psh, sonic alarms are useless anyways against a good hidden. Waste of equipment if you ask me.

Make them show up on the HUD and make the radar have a dynamic range and now we're talking.

Pan the Goat God
4th June 2006, 08:17
[QUOTE=Daedalus]Make them show up on the HUD\QUOTE]

They do, they're just 100% transparent on the radar..that's already been fixed and will be included with the next update.

If you use the sonic alarms right, theyre useful if the hidden doesn't see them. After that, good luck

If you use the sonic alarms wrong, they make for a good fountain rave on highrise.

hutch
4th June 2006, 09:06
If you use the sonic alarms wrong, they make for a good fountain rave on highrise.
sound like my kinda party...
oh wait dudes with guns and no chicks...never mind thats one rave you wont find me at :p

Felf
4th June 2006, 09:24
they've gotta be used few and far between - like across a corridor sum way up from where u're standing, gives you a good audio que.

Another bug: If you do place them with alot of distance between them and a wall (ie. on Traindepot) and sum1 walks through the far side, they don't go off.

Haribo
6th June 2006, 09:35
To solve the problem of laser alarms not deploying immediately, I found that pressing secondary fire just before primary fire caused the alarm to be deployed first time every time. As long as the surface permits ofcorse.

In other words, [right mouse] then [left mouse] in quick succession made it deploy correctly (when near a surface :P).

SynxUK
6th June 2006, 16:12
Aye happens to me as well.

Also, sometimes the lasers don't go all the away across, like if someone walks through them but they don't reset themselves to touch the wall oppposite of themselves. (Example screenshot (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g135/peglegpetepm/hidden_ws.jpg), look at the lasers on the right)

Lastly, the lasers will endlessly be tripped (make the "BWAHN" noise) if their laser goes through certain surfaces, like fences or ladders. Only way to stop the noise is to destroy the sonic alarm :(

@ pic, why anyone would need that many alarms is beyond me? Did you ask every player to become support for you to take that SS? :rolleyes:

@ last comment, would it have anything to do with the fact sonic alarms make noise when anything passes through the laser, and the fence or object is doing that? c'mon people common sense. :D