PDA

View Full Version : Banned from Smokeys?

efilflah
30th May 2006, 18:50
I was just on a Smokey's server the map was Abandoned at 19:35 ish and for no reason someone (NightStalker or something, I have a terrible memory sorry) was repeatedly shooting me with his pistol. He emptied a whole pistol clip into me on purpose looking straight at me through a window with no glass, it was no accident. It wasn't the first time I'd been teamwounded either, it had happened every round and yes I snapped to the point of shooting back when it looked like he was about to do it again. Was looking straight at me following me at spawn.

I'm no child, I don't run around TKing for no reason and I hadn't so much as teamwounded a person before this incident and tbh I don't expect admins to do this either (I'm assuming it was an admin or at least a friend of an admin as I was banned almost instantly). I have no idea what his reasons were, maybe he was sick of the TKing by other members too, but still, I'm banned from all Smokey's servers (where I get my best pings) for something as trivial as sticking up for myself, and for typing 1 word of abuse.

Sure I could've kept my composure, and for the moment I let my anger get the better of me, I do apologise, but I didn't start anything, I just wanted to play a nice game of this great mod I've been fortunate enough to discover, and I don't want to be branded as some kind of TKer, when I'm nothing of the sort.

I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

nowhere
30th May 2006, 18:53
The moral of this story? Don't revenge TK, get a demo and post it on these forums. Revenge TKing is still TKing no matter if you were provoked or not. But I do know how it can be and I have done it a couple times myself, so I do feel some sympathy for you and you'd better hope the Smokey admins feel it too. (And believe your story.)

efilflah
30th May 2006, 20:20
Yes I know, it was stupid, I was just having one of those days, but again that's no excuse. But I'm not making this up dude I swear it.

edit°
30th May 2006, 20:39
You don't have to be making up, theres no real point in coming onto a forum and saying :

"I broke your rules that you ban for, but I don't want to be banned."

The game autobans after 5 slaps for deliberate team damage and the server spams instructions on how to get evidence for a ban every few minutes, there is no excuse for teamwounding and teamkilling - revenge included.

The best bit of revenge you can do here is tell us the name (and steamID if you've got it) of the guy who was twing you and it should be easy enough to check the logs. If you've admitted to tking openly I can't see why you would lie about someone else twing you.

If you can have one of these days now, imagine later when your partner throws a hissy fit with you for no reason and someone keeps camping in a corner making you wait till the end of the round every time. You'd walk up and blow "IRIS Member" away because you'd be having one of those days.

Theres plenty of good UK/Euro servers out there and they're not as strict on us with revenge tking/twing - You'd be better off playing there.

efilflah
30th May 2006, 21:30
I swear, hand on heart, I won't ever do it again, I really like those servers, I just don't get how it can be this way for some people, and another way for others.

I'm not saying I wasn't wrong but how is it that this person can get away with mowing me down, purposefully, not by accident, and still be allowed to roam the servers with no ban whatsoever? And if it's an admin who was doing it how can you have such rules in place if you're allowed to break them and provoke other people?

I know it's their server to do with as they please, but all I'm asking for is a little warning, put me on probation, something, other than this. I can guarantee you that I'll never do it again.

edit°
30th May 2006, 21:48
Yeah but we can't guarantee it, thats the point. Another guy got exactly the same treatment recently for teamwounding campers, another got the exact same treatment for the exact same offence just this morning.

This guy won't get away with it for long if he hasn't been banned already, its only a matter of time before he gets caught by someone who chooses to follow the rules and report him rather than teamwound/TK him back or by him doing it when one of us is there.

If this guy was mowing you down then theres a record of it in the logs, give us the time to get them checked and you'll get a better answer about it. If this guy was teamkilling you repeatedly then he'll be banned as well. I've a strong feeling he already is though.

I can assure you that it wasn't an admin doing this, since one of us is dying of hayfever and exams and wouldn't do it, one doesn't have time to admin let alone play and wouldn't do it, and the other is me and I wouldn't do it.

What was your name whilst all of this was going on? I don't recognise your forum name

edit°
30th May 2006, 22:01
Just talked to DI and it was him who banned you AND the other guy, with reason.

As said up there ^ you'd be best off playing in some of the servers that aren't as strict as us on tking.

=NAA=SHADOW
31st May 2006, 01:26
did u guys ever check on the situation with the MOVIE guys? i made a post and gave 2-3 demos! and never got response with some information about any action being takin!

efilflah
31st May 2006, 01:50
Just talked to DI and it was him who banned you AND the other guy, with reason.

As said up there ^ you'd be best off playing in some of the servers that aren't as strict as us on tking.

I haven't given my ID though, so how do you know it was me since I haven't given a name?

Anyway, I understand your position I guess I'll have to accept it, thanks for the responses all the same, and again I'm sorry for the trouble.

edit°
31st May 2006, 10:35
did u guys ever check on the situation with the MOVIE guys? i made a post and gave 2-3 demos! and never got response with some information about any action being takin!

Probably, I can't remember.

-SM-SUCKER
1st June 2006, 13:57
insulted me first, then killed me
"Matt!" STEAM_0:0:2055988 10:46 78 0 active
check the logs, please.

Merciless
1st June 2006, 17:14
may i suggest that the "slap" does 150 damage? i would love to see a tk'er instagib from nothing :P

seriously though, i dont think slaps to 25hp does the job, if you get the chance to punish somebody who has tk'd you it should be instant, that way there would be no reason for revenge tk's.

SilverDogg
1st June 2006, 17:25
i agree with merciless. the punishment should be harder than just a slap down to 25hp. they can still survive for a long time and even win. add one more choice instead so you have

"forgive"
"slap down to 25hp"
"instagib"

or something =D.

Veon
1st June 2006, 18:03
Instagib = Instawin

edit°
1st June 2006, 18:11
The point is though you get pricks who punish even though the tking wasn't deliberate. Revenge tking is never a necessity since if someone keeps tking you and you slap them every time they'll be autobanned after 5.

Dead Inside
1st June 2006, 18:15
insulted me first, then killed me
"Matt!" STEAM_0:0:2055988 10:46 78 0 active
check the logs, please.

Time, Date, Server? i've got better things to do than hunt through 4 servers logs for one teamkill.

Punishment wise...

The slap is set low so childish nubs who can't accept accidents can happen can't instagib people back purely out of revenge, the punishments are there for punishing deliberate acts, sadly since they would be hopelessley abused i'm not keen to raise it any time soon.

The slap increments the tk count, so if they are out on a spree not being instagibbed should get rid of them quickly if everyone bothers to punish them. If they are a bit more sly about it then get a demo instead and report them.

-SM-SUCKER
1st June 2006, 23:21
Time, Date, Server? i've got better things to do than hunt through 4 servers logs for one teamkill.

Time: about 13:50
Date: 1st of june
Server: PS=OFF Random=OFF (Smokeys of course)