PDA

View Full Version : A handful of map bugs

peglegpete
30th May 2006, 17:45
Sorry if these are already reported, here goes:

hdn_derelict: the wooden fences near the IRIS spawn have the unique ability to randomly become invincible to anything except a pipebomb. One round I'll be able to gun down every fence with a few shots, and the next round I can unload every shell I have into a single fence that refuses to break.
hdn_lockdown: The hidden is fairly easy to see at some points in the map. I believe it has something to do with the lighting, but that's just a stab in the dark. I'm assuming this issue is known, so a screenshot probably isn't necessary, but I'm reportin it anyway just in case. If you'd like a screenshot, I'm sure it would be very easy to reproduce.
hdn_ravenholm: I'll need to take a screenshot for this one, unless it's already known, but there's a fairly easy place to get trapped in... let me attempt to explain. If you jump up on top of all the rooftops on the back left part of the map (as viewed from IRIS start) and then make your way back towards IRIS start on that tiny ledge high above the ground that goes around the big building... If you miss the jump to that ledge, or you simply happen to fall off, you can get trapped in between the two buildings with zero possibility of escaping. I'll work on a screenshot if requested.
hdn_sewers: The hidden's pipebombs have a significant chance of not hurting the IRIS mercs when they are near the water. Perhaps because the bombs enter the water, but I could swear sometimes the pipebomb explodes in midair near a pack of marines, perhaps even throwing them back a bit, yet they take no damage (they stay green in aura view). Considering you only have 3 pipebombs, this is a significant issue.
Not a map issue, but the console doesn't always seem to be reporting the damage at the end of a round, or sometimes it reports a round that happened two rounds ago. This could be related to the "false positive" Source prediction issue I've been reading about on these forums, but I can't help but feel it's a separate issue. For instance, at the end of a round it will report damage done etc.. but the damage taken will be from someone that was the Hidden a few rounds ago (and I took no FF).

Sorry again if I'm beatin dead horses. Despite the beta issues, this mod provides the most intense multiplayer experiences I've ever had. If I had money to spare (/me is a poor college student) I would donate large sums to the team behind this game. I hope that means something :)

Ging
30th May 2006, 19:09
we can't do anything about ravenholm or lockdown, they aren't offical maps.

Pipebombs don't do damage when under water, which is a relic of HL2 code... Could've sworn I changed that though, will have another look.

Cyborg
30th May 2006, 20:18
yes, i second the pipebomb underwater not hurting. it has happened to me before, i believe.