PDA

View Full Version : Valve's MP pack. Compatible with "The Hidden"?

Sneaky Tree Frog
29th May 2006, 12:18
Okay, first things first...If this is in the wrong folder then I apologise most profusely!

I'm attempting to get this mod working on the "Valve MP" pack which consists of the following games:-

Day of Defeat:Source
Counterstrike:Source
Haflife 2 Deathmatch:Source

Now I would usualy accept that it's not going to work given that Vanilla Halfife 2 isn't included, however couldn't the mod make use of the required game files from the "Deathmatch" portion of the game?

Would there be a way of making the mod compatible with the Mp pack?

Thanks for shedding any more light on this query.

All the best (the latest release really is fantastic) STF

SilverDogg
29th May 2006, 12:22
this is what skaverat wrote in another thread about this..

I'm running H:S with HL2DM. Only thing you must do, is starting Hidden with a shortcut on the desktop.

Change target to
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.exe -applaunch 320 -game "c:\Program Files\Valve\steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\hidden"

Simply change the path to your settings

so im guessing you need to do something like that ^^

Sneaky Tree Frog
29th May 2006, 12:24
Super!

I'll go have a go with that fix, cheers for the hint!

Sneaky Tree Frog
29th May 2006, 20:15
How do I get a shortcut for the game up? It doesn't appear in the Steam menu...

khu
29th May 2006, 20:17
He just told you in his last post.

nowhere
30th May 2006, 01:39
I play hidden with just HL2DM and you need to create a shortcut on your desktop, right-click Create Shortcut, point it at anything and then right click the shortcut and go down to Properties and then change the target to what he quoted.

SkaveRat
30th May 2006, 02:50
I play hidden with just HL2DM and you need to create a shortcut on your desktop, right-click Create Shortcut, point it at anything and then right click the shortcut and go down to Properties and then change the target to what he quoted.

exactly.

You don't have a startbutton in your steam manu. But I don't think this is a problem ;)