PDA

View Full Version : Glitchy Hidden?

efilflah
29th May 2006, 00:46
Hi there,
I'm new here and I have to say I'm impressed with this mod, I really like it a lot but I'm having terrible trouble trying to sort out a problem, or even identifying if I have a problem at all.

I swear for the life of me I have never seen the hidden, not a blur, not a thing since I've been playing near constantly this weekend, he's been completely invisible. Actually that's a lie, there was one instance where I saw a flashing blur of a hidden shape on the docks level, but only when he was standing next to a red cargo container. So I tried a test.

I managed to persuade a helpful fellow that when he became the hidden to meet me at the container and help me test out whether or not it was just me or not, to which he kindly obliged and I waited for him to show up. I could hear him running around infront of me but could not see him at all, he was throwing a body around and everything but all I could see was the body and not a shimmer or blur anywhere, and then he stepped infront of the red container to my right and there was an outline of him, but it was flashing irregularly like morse code or something depending on where I pointed my mouse. I can see blood come out of him and hit the wall, and I can see perfectly well when I'm the hidden myself, I also know about the missing tutorial hidden,

Now I have no idea if this is how it's supposed to be and describing it really doesn't do justice, unfortunately he was killed before I even thought to take a screenshot and then I never got the opportunity again.

I've tried every setting I could think of inside and outside the game (via tray tools), but even then I still don't know for sure what I'm supposed to be seeing. I've tried every dxlevel (7, 8, 8.1, 9.0), cat A.I. low/high/off, Anisotropic at all levels, as well as various combinations of texture and model preferences.

My system specs are:
WinXP SP1
1gb Samsung (4-3-3-2.5) ram
Barton XP 2500@3200
Hercules 128mb 9800se Softmodded (NGO 2.5.8 based on Cat 5.11s)

*A thing to note my GFX card is a softmodded 9800se, which gets checkerboard artifacts unless I disable the "z" functions (like Fast z clear, hierachical Z, Z-top), but in other games (HL2, Far Cry etc.) with these functions disabled they work fine and a lot faster*

Anyway, I figured I'd ask here if you guys could possibly take some screenshots of the hidden standing still, running, doing all sorts on a few different backgrounds and post them here for comparison, I'd love to know what other people see as I really want to get into this game it's good fun and it's eating away at me that I might be at some huge disadvantage.

I'd appreciate a response, and again just wanna say it's a great Mod, reminds me of "The Predator", I love that film too.

Thanks in advance.

efilflah
29th May 2006, 18:53
I found out the issue, turns out Catalyst A.I. was causing some issues with the settings I had making the hidden flash.

I am having another problem, and I'm sure it's user error, or lack of knowledge on my part, but for some reason my Video settings will not stick. They always revert back to the same ones. I noticed that it says "executing autoexec.cfg" in the console on start up, but I haven't created one, and when I do, and put the values I want in, they still don't stick.

Also none of the cfg files are read-only, so what am I missing?

Thanks again.

Veon
29th May 2006, 19:05
This have to be the most well-written error report I've ever seen. Congratulations.

Veon
29th May 2006, 19:08
I am having another problem, and I'm sure it's user error, or lack of knowledge on my part, but for some reason my Video settings will not stick. They always revert back to the same ones. I noticed that it says "executing autoexec.cfg" in the console on start up, but I haven't created one, and when I do, and put the values I want in, they still don't stick.

Also none of the cfg files are read-only, so what am I missing?

Thanks again.
It did this to me to. Make sure you have no graphic changing console commands in the launch options. Try changing the options to what you want and then make the .CFG read-only.

Hope this helps.

efilflah
30th May 2006, 01:11
It did this to me to. Make sure you have no graphic changing console commands in the launch options. Try changing the options to what you want and then make the .CFG read-only.

Ok I'll try that. I have "-dxlevel 90" in the launch options, as well as mouse acceleration disablers, I'll give it a try and see if it works (makes sense actually, dunno why I didn't think of it earlier). Maybe I should take out the dxlevel and set mat_dxlevel in the autoexec/userconfig if launch settings can be a problem

This have to be the most well-written error report I've ever seen. Congratulations.
lol, thanks, and thanks.

Ill try these tomorrow and get back to you (or if I can't sleep, I'll just go hunting again....lol this game is so addictive).

Veon
30th May 2006, 07:30
Thats your problem I think, I had dx_90 in my launch options and it just kept resetting. When I removed it, it worked fine.

efilflah
30th May 2006, 16:01
Yeah that sorted the problem cheers mate.