PDA

View Full Version : KILL_ the soundscapes, PLEASE!

Dr.SharK
28th May 2006, 17:46
I'm AM SICK of them. Especially in Origin, it is IMPOSSIBLe to hear anything. A noise saying "BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III"
Never stops, it is annoying, so i have to quit everytime origin is played.

The game is much more scary, when everything is completely silent.

Trust me, a 1on1 in Executive with a scary hidden is, scary.

I tried deleting the soundscape files (in scripts) and the music files, didn't help, still filled with idiotic sounds.

PLESAE, add an option to turn it off, it is not good to have soundscapes in this mod imo.

-Dr.SharK

-First post.

nowhere
28th May 2006, 17:55
I don't remember any soundscape in Origin going

"BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIII"

But what do you really need to hear? All the gun sounds are louder then every sound I've heard same with the slashing noise and most of the time you can hear the IRIS death noise. I like sound in maps, makes me feel more immersed in the game seeing how there's rarely silence in real life.

Daedalus
28th May 2006, 17:56
I don't hear any annoying sounds like the ones you tried to describe in hdn_origin. Must be a bug with your sound card or something...

I have renamed the traindepot mp3 though, that one got annoying real quick and I couldn't get it out of my head =/

Dr.SharK
28th May 2006, 18:59
But what do you really need to hear? .

When i play over lan in Executive, 1on1, the only way i can find the hidden is "SOUND!". I can hear what surfaces he's on and where (God, keep making surround headsets)

That's why i need sound. If the Hidden didn't have footsteps, I'd just crank up some Red Hot Chilli Peppers and listen to that instead.

Daedalus
28th May 2006, 19:22
True, 1v1 it helps a lot, but generally if there are others alive the only time sound really helps is when the hidden is on the vent-looking things in the roof.

Dr.SharK
28th May 2006, 19:28
True, 1v1 it helps a lot, but generally if there are others alive the only time sound really helps is when the hidden is on the vent-looking things in the roof.

I normally don't walk with the other players since the hidden has a tendency to throw nades against groups. I stalk on my own, a little distance away from them instead though. And i can still hear his footsteps btw, or i tell people to stand still :P lol

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 15:43
Bump, i need a way to turn of the soundscapes. They have gone out of control, and they are starting to ANNOY me.

cl_soundscape_flush just stops them and restarts them :s
stopsoundscapes doesen't do a thing.

There must be a way to stop them, oh God, please!! :'(

-Dr.SharK

Boxy
11th June 2006, 15:56
If you hate the soundscapes that much or they are really causing you these problems ( I dont know why they would) just delete the appropriate soundscape manifest from your scripts folder.

So if you wanted to shut origin up, delete soundscapes_origin.txt from that folder (prob best keep a copy somewhere incase you want it back).

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 16:16
If you hate the soundscapes that much or they are really causing you these problems ( I dont know why they would) just delete the appropriate soundscape manifest from your scripts folder.

So if you wanted to shut origin up, delete soundscapes_origin.txt from that folder (prob best keep a copy somewhere incase you want it back).

I already did that, but now the alarm from HL2 in the beginning of the game, when you're fleeing civil protection, is cycling over and over. I put it back, and i get "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

-Dr.SharK

hutch
11th June 2006, 16:34
I already did that, but now the alarm from HL2 in the beginning of the game, when you're fleeing civil protection, is cycling over and over. I put it back, and i get "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

-Dr.SharK
Oh, so the "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" that you get started after messing around? if you tell me what files you messed with I'll grab em off my machine and zip them for you.

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 17:26
Oh, so the "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" that you get started after messing around? i.
Nope, BEFORE, i messed around with them.AFter i mess around i get Civil Protection stuff. The BIIII is if i don't mess around

khu
11th June 2006, 18:54
That doesn't exist in Hidden: Source, so you either messed with something else or you have a faulty H:S download.

Dr.SharK
11th June 2006, 19:35
That doesn't exist in Hidden: Source, so you either messed with something else or you have a faulty H:S download.

WAit and i'll make a new thread