PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for smokey #3 custom maps

SilverDogg
27th May 2006, 23:27
i think it was the correct number, correct me if im wrong though.

anyway, i was just playing on that server, and became the hidden all of a sudden (woho!), and managed to kill all the iris (me? kill all iris? amazing!), and then it changed back into iris. so i checked if random was on, and apperantly it wasnt. instead, the round limit as hidden was set to 1. now, im all for having round limits, but could you possibly raise the bar to at least 2 rounds? i know that everybody should get a change but you still do with 2 rounds. 1 round is too few really =(.

nowhere
28th May 2006, 04:01
Why? 1 round limit is just like random hidden except it awards the person who kills the hidden, I wouldn't mind playing like that. I've actually gone through whole maps on random hidden without once being to be hidden, so this would actually be a pretty good alternative. More people will likely be able to be hidden and like random hidden no one can hog being hidden and drive people out of the server.

SilverDogg
28th May 2006, 09:29
why is it a better alternative? does it choose in a better way? first #1 in the list, then #2? because then yea, i guess thats better than random. but this server never said anything about being random.

but no, i still think 2 rounds is better than one. often you rarely get to be the hidden, and if you manage to kill them all, i think you should be somewhat rewarded for it, thus a second round.

ThunderDan
28th May 2006, 10:07
The 1 round limit may have been being used as a substitute for random hidden before the patch fixing no Hidden issues came out.

A simple comparison between random vs. 1 round.
Is if you kill the hidden you get to be the hidden - other than that they are identicle.

This removes the whining from players that kill, but don't get to be the hidden, and also prevents a hidden from going more then one round and scaring new players off.

Plus if pigstick is turned on - the time as hidden is dramatically decreased with this format if you are the type to pigstick everyone in the opening minutes. Making slashing a much more rewarding effort as you'll get to mess around more as the hidden.

Sounds like a good alternative to random to me.

SilverDogg
28th May 2006, 10:29
hmm.. i guess you are right.. =/

but like i said, its strange, because the name never mentioned anything about being random or anything else. i think they should notify ppl in some way so you know its "random".

edit°
28th May 2006, 11:56
Why? 1 round limit is just like random hidden except it awards the person who kills the hidden, I wouldn't mind playing like that. I've actually gone through whole maps on random hidden without once being to be hidden, so this would actually be a pretty good alternative. More people will likely be able to be hidden and like random hidden no one can hog being hidden and drive people out of the server.

This is the thinking behind why the system was kept. Theres only so much you can put in the server name and most of the time it doesn't get read anyway. We get people in the servers asking WTF SI RONG WITH MY RMB!?1 even though it clearly says in the server name that pigstick is disabled.

If we started putting every variable in the server title or motd it still wouldn't get read. I'll talk to DI see if hes up for doing the MOTD thing though.

nowhere
28th May 2006, 12:24
Theres only so much you can put in the server name and most of the time it doesn't get read anyway. We get people in the servers asking WTF SI RONG WITH MY RMB!?1 even though it clearly says in the server name that pigstick is disabled.

I rarely play in pigstick servers, so I know what that is like.

But I do see why some servers have random hidden enabled and just saw 1 round limit as a different way of looking at the same problem random hidden was solving.

Dead Inside
29th May 2006, 19:48
As edit said adding everything to the name just gets pointless, even as is it seems no one bothers to read it, adding more wouldn't help.

Also the motd has stated for quite some time that the round limit is 1...

Its also #4 that runs custom maps since no one seems to have mentioned that so far either.