PDA

View Full Version : Downloading help

lamns
27th May 2006, 07:53
When i try to download it doesn't work.I put it in sourcemods but it doesn't work.I look at space and WHAM i dont have a nough space. How do u delte empires? I looked for it but it wasn't in the remove files.

hutch
27th May 2006, 08:11
Go to your sourcemods folder and delete the filefolder with empires in the name.
Hope I've helped :)

ThunderDan
27th May 2006, 12:35
Make sure you've emptied your recycle bin or you won't recoup the space.

Other ways to get back some disk space are deleting you IE temp - some of these are over a gig. Microsofts default is set way to high. If you use WinXP there's a setting for system restore points that defaults to I believe 12% of your drive space.

So, you don't have to delete other games, but empires isn't something I'd neccessarily hold on to.

hutch
27th May 2006, 12:51
but empires isn't something I'd neccessarily hold on to.
not to be mean but qft, i just couldn't figure out the game, but then again ill probably try it again next release :)

lamns
27th May 2006, 13:52
THank u all so much.

lamns
27th May 2006, 13:53
Go to your sourcemods folder and delete the filefolder with empires in the name.
Hope I've helped :)

Thank you. Now i hope i see you guys soon.I won't be such a noob because iv'e studied this game.

lamns
27th May 2006, 14:02
Make sure you've emptied your recycle bin or you won't recoup the space.

Other ways to get back some disk space are deleting you IE temp - some of these are over a gig. Microsofts default is set way to high. If you use WinXP there's a setting for system restore points that defaults to I believe 12% of your drive space.

So, you don't have to delete other games, but empires isn't something I'd neccessarily hold on to.

Me to. I delted the folders in kmy reciycle bin to now but now what do i do?It didn't free up any space.

Ging
27th May 2006, 17:19
files in your recycle bin don't actually take up any space - when you delete something you're not actually removing the physical data off the drive, instead you're removing it's entry from the HD 'record' system (FAT, NTFS etc) - the recycle bin just keeps a copy of the entry so it can be restored.

If you've deleted the empires folder, than hidden will install, we've got a much smaller install size than empires does.

lamns
28th May 2006, 03:26
files in your recycle bin don't actually take up any space - when you delete something you're not actually removing the physical data off the drive, instead you're removing it's entry from the HD 'record' system (FAT, NTFS etc) - the recycle bin just keeps a copy of the entry so it can be restored.

If you've deleted the empires folder, than hidden will install, we've got a much smaller install size than empires does.

You were right. Next time i check my games i see hidden.I just played a litle and i'll tell ya life is hard as a noob. I cant kill the hidden!

hutch
28th May 2006, 03:55
You were right. Next time i check my games i see hidden.I just played a litle and i'll tell ya life is hard as a noob. I cant kill the hidden!
Don't worry, you'll get better pretty fast, and once you get a lil better at tracking the hidden with your eyes, you'll get much much better. :D happy gaming!

.....wow that sounded way less geeky in my head......:(

nowhere
28th May 2006, 05:03

I completely disagree, there's 3 mods I'm really into right now. This one, Goldeneye Source and EmpiresMod. They each offer such different things and all seem to do what they're each trying to do so well.

WatchMaker
28th May 2006, 05:19
Empires is getting there. Where ever its going....

Golden Eye Source is okay, but HL2DM does the DM thing better.

Hidden....rocks. Sorry, but there isn't much more to it.

nowhere
28th May 2006, 05:22
I agree with the Empires and Hidden ones but not with the GE:S one. Nothing like some nostalgia to make a game even better. I can't wait for the next GE:S update, should make the game so much better.