PDA

View Full Version : Install Problem

k3vb0t
24th May 2006, 00:24
Hello.. newb here. Trying to install TH:S and I keep getting a fatal error when it tries to write to one of the .cache files about 30% through the install.

Bad download and try again?

I'm installing to my Steam/SteamApps/ directory and all.

Sonic
24th May 2006, 00:33
Yeah, redownload it. And just click next, don't choose a directory when installing.

k3vb0t
24th May 2006, 01:15
Re-downloaded, went thru about 60-70% of install then I get a "error: cannot write to file ____.avi". Both downloads were from the DeCoy Mirror 1 and 2. I am redownloading from Modnation... hopefully this will work...

Again, failed on hdn_logo.avi.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've downloaded it. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I have to move the directory it DL's too because my Steam folder is on a seperate drive.

Ging
24th May 2006, 01:36
It's not an issue we can easily fix if it continues to be a problem for you, something on your machine doesn't like running the installer (I tested and re-tested the installer to ensure it worked)

The installer should find your steam directory, assuming you didn't move it after you installed steam. The installer uses a registry entry to find the correct location to install to.

k3vb0t
24th May 2006, 03:00
I just reinstalled Steam and the installer went thru fine. Thanks for the help... now I just have to be a non-newbish...

Sonic
24th May 2006, 03:23
I just reinstalled Steam and the installer went thru fine. Thanks for the help... now I just have to be a non-newbish...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think that's the first time someone's posted that paticular problem.

k3vb0t
25th May 2006, 02:32
Haha thanks, but what I meant was in-game... ;)

Getting owned hardcore.

Sonic
25th May 2006, 02:40
That's all your fault. Nothing I can do.

Except point and laugh.

hutch
25th May 2006, 02:49
That's all your fault. Nothing I can do.

Except point and laugh.
Like this?
lol