PDA

View Full Version : problems with radio bindings

SilverDogg
23rd May 2006, 11:24
so, i decided i should bind the radiomessages to the numbers 1-8, but there seem to be some problems with it, strange enough.

some of them seem to work, but only once. and after i send one message, i usually cant send another one until its a new round or something. and message #8 doesnt seem to work at all. and.. wth, i get random messages sometimes =/.

i double checked the config.cfg to see that i didnt bind something wrong, but nope, everything is like it should (see below) and i cant understand why this is happening. should i rebind them to other keys or should i just stick with pressing "g"?

bind "1" "radio 1"
bind "2" "radio 2"
bind "3" "radio 3"
bind "4" "radio 4"
bind "5" "radio 5"
bind "6" "radio 6"
bind "7" "radio 7"
bind "8" "radio 8"

Ging
23rd May 2006, 13:47
There's a built in spam delay on them, defaults to 5 seconds.

SilverDogg
23rd May 2006, 13:59
yea, but i can use the default menu (g), but the numbers doesnt work =/.

Essobie
23rd May 2006, 14:13
There's a built in spam delay on them, defaults to 5 seconds.

How does one alter this delay?

Ging
23rd May 2006, 15:20
server setting, hdn_radiolimit I think

Essobie
23rd May 2006, 15:28
Is this the thing that makes Report In not actually do anything useful?

MiasmicAnomie
23rd May 2006, 16:32
and message #8 doesnt seem to work at all. and.. wth, i get random messages sometimes =/.[/CODE]

That's because there are eight messages, and it's zero based, not one based. You need to go from 0 to 7.

SilverDogg
23rd May 2006, 16:54
aaaah ok. then i guess i have to consider which one to leave out, since 0 isnt really in the best position ;P. well, not all of the numbers are, but 0? no no no ;P. or maybe just assign it to ? hmm hmm..

thanks for the help though ^_^

scratch
23rd May 2006, 17:41
I'm also having this strange problem that sometimes i send the "reporting in" radio message without actually doing it. It just pops up. Also had it once that this message kept coming from my and another guy's radio, kinda spam.

ThunderDan
23rd May 2006, 18:28
Dude Miasmic was saying do this instead

bind "1" "radio 0"
bind "2" "radio 1"
bind "3" "radio 2"
bind "4" "radio 3"
bind "5" "radio 4"
bind "6" "radio 5"
bind "7" "radio 6"
bind "8" "radio 7"

And when you hit report in all other living team members automatically say report in as well, so when someone else hits this command you report in. Currently everyone only sees their own reporting in, but I believe they've already said it's fixed in the next version.

Also, for the time being, if you want to have report in be useful just check your console - I believe everyone who is still alive's report in will show there correctly.

SilverDogg
23rd May 2006, 19:28
thunderdan, doh! thats what i meant aswell, i just wasnt thinking clearly -_-.