PDA

View Full Version : Connection Warning Bug

Ritalin
23rd May 2006, 04:19
Ok I never had this issue before, but before I also never played on a wireless lan in a house that is so old it has Im sure 5 or 6 layers of led based paint. Connection drop outs for the time being are a fact of life. But any time I get a Connection warning in the upper right hand corner of the screen, all of the player models are missing when i come back from the lag out.

Ok I should restate that all but the gun models are missing. All i see if floating shotguns an MP5s and such. Even the hidden, I see a perfectly visable little knife flying through the air.

Now if another player then joins the sever he is the only model that I will see.
One more thing of mention, sometimes when this happens I will get random static models where they shouldnt be. Like for instance, a pile of SWAT cars all clipping togeather where there should be crates.

The only way to resolve this issue so far for me is to disconnect and then reconnect.

I dont plan to be on wireless to much longer, but I am sure there are players out there that will be and Id be surprised if this is only happening to me.

SkaveRat
23rd May 2006, 04:26
Now if another player then joins the sever he is the only model that I will see.
One more thing of mention, sometimes when this happens I will get random static models where they shouldnt be. Like for instance, a pile of SWAT cars all clipping togeather where there should be crates.

lol. I want a screen of that :D

afaik the error are all source based. I don't think the dev can fix it

Ritalin
24th May 2006, 14:01
Im sorry but I dont buy the simple excuse that its a source based issue. I mean of corse its a source based issue the game runs on source. I have played a few diffrent source based mods and have never had an issue like this. So something in the coding for the mod is going haywire not the coding for source.

khu
24th May 2006, 14:20
On the contrary, I have seen similar problems on my own computer with CSS at one point.

If it was a common occurence, we would want to fix it. But you talk as if you know about 'the coding'. Do you, or are you just pretending you do? The inevitable fact is that all free source mods only have as much access to the engine as Valve allows. This puts limits on what can and can't be done, period. NO amount of attitude will change that. That's not a 'simple excuse', it's just a fact.

8Mikey
24th May 2006, 16:46
I've seen the exact same thing as the OP. It's just plain weird to see the hidden's knife flying around (no hidden effect), being chased by a bunch of flying shotguns.

Also, I'm using DSL, so it's just some weird bug in the net code (not related to a wireless connection). For me, it's 100% tied to the "Connection warning" that appears in the upper right of the screen. For awhile it happend at least once a day. Of course now that I'm trying to grab some screenshots it's been fine for several days in a row!

Player models, cars, and crates seem to be the models that disappear - although they are still 'there'. If you run into one you stop, and you can hop up on an invisible car/crate...

Ging
24th May 2006, 18:44
So something in the coding for the mod is going haywire not the coding for source.

Except that we've not changed anything at a sufficently deep level to cause the issue...

Ritalin
24th May 2006, 21:33
Look Im not here picking a fight or anything like that. There is no need to get snotty about my comment. I am not a coder, I am a modeler. But simple deduction would point to some small issue in your coding as I have stated before that this happens EVERY time i get a connection warning in ONLY your game. I still play CSS and dont have this issue with Connection warnings. Connection warning in CSS only = death. :rolleyes:

You are asking for bugs, I am reporting one. I do not need to know how to code in order to do some reasonable deduction through other source games. I am not some tard that would post a glitch without seeing if it does or does not happed in other source mods and games first.

Now take a break from mapping i think its starting to make you edgy, khu :D

Ging
24th May 2006, 22:24
Yet, as I've stated, we've not changed anything at a deep enough level to have caused this to happen - which is why I'm having trouble seeing how there's much we can do to fix it.