PDA

View Full Version : speed hacker/wallhack

msimindlessmsi
19th May 2006, 17:58
Just a warning for you since I dont have proof
But I was just on customer killers i beleive and a guy named APPLESEED
was iris moveing at lightning speeds and killing the hidden instantly
yea i know about adrenaline im no n00b but this was def a speed hack he emptyed the server cause everybody got pissed

*steamID edited to prevent anal*
I really wish I got him on demo :mad:
quite a few people were there so hopefully ill get some backup

M_C
19th May 2006, 18:05
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3208

You're not allowed to make accusations like that without proof. Please edit your post to remove the steamID, since you have none. ;)

CK*BLACKWOLF
20th May 2006, 19:56
Him anyway I'm turning over my server to couple guy's in my clan so....
Like the post on our forums it was pretty obviuos.

CK*BLACKWOLF
20th May 2006, 19:58
Him anyway I'm turning over my server to couple guy's in my clan so....
Like the post on our forums it was pretty obviuos.

P.S.since the patch our server won't stay secure so i'm sure it will draw hackers.But we are'nt affraid to ban anyone> :-)

M_C
20th May 2006, 20:09
P.S.since the patch our server won't stay secure so i'm sure it will draw hackers.But we are'nt affraid to ban anyone> :-)
You don't have -autoupdate in your launch options or update teh server via a script, do you? If you update the server after rolling back you'll have to roll the files back again. I run two, patched, win32, srcds servers and I've NEVER had them not secure since rolling back, even after adding 5 different plugins.

Good luck...

CK*BLACKWOLF
21st May 2006, 04:47
You don't have -autoupdate in your launch options or update teh server via a script, do you? If you update the server after rolling back you'll have to roll the files back again. I run two, patched, win32, srcds servers and I've NEVER had them not secure since rolling back, even after adding 5 different plugins.

Good luck...No i don't.I might do a fresh install to see if that might do it..f idk

M_C
21st May 2006, 06:00
No i don't.I might do a fresh install to see if that might do it..f idk
Well that's one way. I thought you guys said you handed over your box to an admin that knows about computers in another post? I'm pretty sure "updating" the server, via a .bat file or manually is what un-rolled back your server. If that's the case, stop updating it and follow the instructions in the VAC thread for rolling back...again. If you guys *really* screwed something up, delete it all, re-install, roll back, done. ;)

CK*BLACKWOLF
21st May 2006, 20:04
Well that's one way. I thought you guys said you handed over your box to an admin that knows about computers in another post? I'm pretty sure "updating" the server, via a .bat file or manually is what un-rolled back your server. If that's the case, stop updating it and follow the instructions in the VAC thread for rolling back...again. If you guys *really* screwed something up, delete it all, re-install, roll back, done. ;)
No i am the only one from the clan that has expirience with the hl/servers.
Been doing it for four years.Every mod is a lil different.

M_C
21st May 2006, 21:21
No i am the only one from the clan that has expirience with the hl/servers.
Been doing it for four years.Every mod is a lil different.
"Him anyway I'm turning over my server to couple guy's in my clan so...." That's what you said, what did you mean? *shrug* Either way, there's nothing to it, if you have experience, then you shouldn't have any problems following the guide in the VAC sticky to re-roll back the server if you decide to re-install or whatever. There's a sticky for installing SRCDS, there's one for the roll back and there's one for mani, which you don't need but may want. If you really broke something, I do consulting and remote administration at reasonable rates. ;)

CK*BLACKWOLF
22nd May 2006, 07:14
"Him anyway I'm turning over my server to couple guy's in my clan so...." That's what you said, what did you mean? *shrug* Either way, there's nothing to it, if you have experience, then you shouldn't have any problems following the guide in the VAC sticky to re-roll back the server if you decide to re-install or whatever. There's a sticky for installing SRCDS, there's one for the roll back and there's one for mani, which you don't need but may want. If you really broke something, I do consulting and remote administration at reasonable rates. ;)
No before the patch came out i did the roll back it worked fine remember our
private message ...when the patch came out that was all i did then it would stay secure for only a few then the vac icon disapeared but no biggie anyway.....

M_C
22nd May 2006, 07:22
No before the patch came out i did the roll back it worked fine remember our
private message ...when the patch came out that was all i did then it would stay secure for only a few then the vac icon disapeared but no biggie anyway.....
I don't think the problem is the patch because my servers always secure and they're patched too. Does restarting the server allow it to secure or does it never secure now?

eliteapu
22nd May 2006, 20:07
GOD DAMN, did you ever hear of the ****ing edit button?

M_C
22nd May 2006, 20:16
He DID edit his post. Are you blind, retarded or just suffering from Turrets Syndrome? ;)

Welcome to the forums, great first post! :rolleyes:

CK*BLACKWOLF
23rd May 2006, 00:13
Who asked you anyway????