PDA

View Full Version : Bodie Stretching

PanFrie
18th May 2006, 18:58
ok, so i've found something thats alot of fun to do as hidden... aside from throwing things at people and having fun with the person by slashing at them, ive found that once i have a bodie or two, i grab one arm / leg, pin it to the wall, then grab the other leg, jump halfway across the room, and pin it to another wall, or even the same wall. this makes the bodies trip out and make a ****load of noise. every once in a while i go really crazy and i use every arm/leg and his head and pin em all to different places and it makes alot of noise. its annoying, but fun to do. it also makes enough noise to block the other players from hearing my walk / pig stick at them. any chance this can get fixed? i mean, its fun and all, but really... bodies dont float in the middle of the air and spaz out. il get a demo when i get home.

Isolation
18th May 2006, 19:41
Bah! I knew someday someone would take a perfectly valid tactic and spill the beans!

Well, I use the multi-pin against the same wall so as to avoid the "body in mid air" problem, but the sound a stretched body makes is an awesome soundtrap. If done right, the body looks "normal" but spazes like there's no tommorow. As Karl would say "That was a nice secret organization we had once."

(I'm joking of course, however this is an issue with Havok more than anything, and I don't know if the devs can do anything to fix it, short of removing body sticking.)

Ging
18th May 2006, 19:45
Of course, the easiest fix is to just not do it, so they can't float in mid air :p

Faffel
19th May 2006, 00:34
That's one of the funniest things you can do in-game. In the office in Executive, I'll grab corpses, pin their head above a beam, and both legs to each wall. It makes so much noise you can't hear slashing, and freaks people out. It's great. I wouldn't say it's bad as long as people don't use it too much, much like the trip alarms.

M_C
19th May 2006, 01:42
It's REALLY loud and annoying to the dead people if you do that near a camera. It's being abused in some cases, not making the game fun but terribly annoying instead. I've had to ask people to be mindful where they place those traps in consideration of other players.

PanFrie
19th May 2006, 02:54
i just thought of putting them over cameras so you cant ghost people...

M_C
19th May 2006, 06:59
i just thought of putting them over cameras so you cant ghost people...
To put them over cameras you don't have to stretch them to make noise.

Faffel
19th May 2006, 08:04
Like I said, it's a funny, cool freak-out trick...when there's not an ass abusing it.

M_C
19th May 2006, 08:12
What's the difference between "funny cool" and an abusive ass? It's got to be a fine line, imo... ;)

Faffel
19th May 2006, 22:04
Using it near ends of rounds, using it so at least it's decently far from cameras, and generally placing them so it's not a "holy **** turn it off" event. A fine line, probably. It's also not amusing or interesting when it's used every day.