PDA

View Full Version : spectator lockup / hidden grabbing bodys hangup/lockup

ceacitas
18th May 2006, 05:00
hi all. first time post so bare with me.

ive found that during spectator mode i get all of around 3 seconds fluid footage and then the entire thing locks up. the game is still running and when the next round rolls around im fine, but during spec mode it just hangs.

secondly, when as the hidden i pick up a body, i get the same problem, i just seem to lock up and lag like crazy (slight VERY jumpy movement) until i press e again to let go. ive searched the forum but not found anyone mentioning this problem exactly. hopefully someone can help.

running a x1600 pro (512 verient) ati radeon. had no problems so far with the hl2 engine but who knows. cheers in advance

Reiter
18th May 2006, 10:14
What advanced settings are you using in the video options?

ceacitas
18th May 2006, 10:44
running a x1600 pro (512 verient)

video - advanced.

model detail - high
texture detail - high
shader detail - high
water detail - simple reflect
shadow detail - high
colour correction - disabled
anti alising - none
filtering mode - trilinier
wait for vertical sync - disabled
high dynamic range - none

using dx 9

1024x768 rez.

does this help? fingers crossed it does. cheers again

Faffel
18th May 2006, 11:16
Not completely related, but I get something like this too. On Derelict, the camera facing the fire near the big room in the middle-room just...locks up. It moves if I switch from camera to camera, but stops if I hover at it. Any idea why?

Ging
18th May 2006, 11:37
Check your choke with net_graph when the ragdoll issue occurs.

Nali
23rd June 2006, 03:39
I also have this exact same problem, except when I'm in spec mode just the border around the screen (about 2 px thin) changes. The location doesn't always change but it does mostly. I have this exact same problem in CS:S when I go into spec mode. The other thing that happens (picking up stuff) is the same here too, but I get about 2 sec of fluid game footage and it locks up. Everything still works though, I can move and pin people to wall(:D) but I can't see any of it hapenning. This doesn't always happen though. I went on my friends linux server(udiclan.game-host.org) and I get fluid footage for 2 sec then it becomes choppy, but I can still see, and the object I'm holding becomes transparent. Also, in spec mode, the REC decal will pulsate and I still get audio.

Another thing I noticed is that it will freeze on the moment I died when I'm hidden(ie: I die and I see the spectator effect of video grain over the last frame, in which I see the person who kills me and then me with a knife about to stab them...). This same freeze frame will stay "loaded" as my spectator image. I will die again and see the same freeze frame from the last time I died. SOMETIMES, it will switch to a camera.

Specs:
3.2 Ghz intel HT w/ Extreme Edition
Ati's Radeon X1600 Pro (AGP not PCI-e) 512 MB
2 Gig's of random pqi ram
ASUS p4p800-e deluxe mobo

Hope this helps.

I run the game at these specs:

1024x768
All options at highest except AA and AAF which are both at 2x and reflection is World

I'm running Direct X 9.0 c and all the direct X test check out.

One final note is that in A)The HL2 Video Stress Test B)AquaMark and C) 3D Mark 06 this same occurs. I get a solid 60 FPS minimum(except in some parts) but visually, I only get about 3, whereas it tells me I get 60. This is very annoying. I have the latest Ati Catalyst, my card is not OC'd, and I have the latest drivers for my monitor.

Help!

Nali
29th June 2006, 21:15
I found the source of my problems, it also fixed a artifacting problem in Cellfactor. All I did was rollback my drivers to Catalyst 6.4 from 6.5.

LoK!
30th June 2006, 10:15
Try updating the graphics driver to 6.6 otherwise try using an older driver which doesn't produce such "side-effects"

Podge
6th July 2006, 18:03
I get the same error and I have the same specs as ceacitas.
I had this problem before, I fixed it but it only stayed fixed for so long and then it went back to the way it was. And I can't remember how I fixed it.
Perhaps it's something to do with the X1600? Everyone here who has said they have one are the people who experience the bug.
It was the same in CS but I fixed that by :
Right-clicking the ATI icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen, going into 1. RADEON X1600 series,
3D settings, and ticking both options in Direct3D settings and OpenGL settings. But I still get the errors in H:S.
I hope that helps anybody who gets the problem in CS:S

hutch
6th July 2006, 23:20
I get the same error and I have the same specs as ceacitas.
I had this problem before, I fixed it but it only stayed fixed for so long and then it went back to the way it was. And I can't remember how I fixed it.
Perhaps it's something to do with the X1600? Everyone here who has said they have one are the people who experience the bug.
It was the same in CS but I fixed that by :
Right-clicking the ATI icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen, going into 1. RADEON X1600 series,
3D settings, and ticking both options in Direct3D settings and OpenGL settings. But I still get the errors in H:S.
I hope that helps anybody who gets the problem in CS:S
My x1600 runs everything wonderfully!
:/

Podge
8th July 2006, 10:32
Woowoo!
I fixed my problem, just update your graphics drivers to 6.6 (www.ati.com). I hope it works for you lot too.

SynxUK
8th July 2006, 14:48
My theory, is that (you may have done this in CSS) it's like when you are in free spectate, and you fly outside of the skybox and all entities dissappear. Would it be in anyway shape or form a possibility that the camera's are just outside, or in a wall? For example, on Origin, the camera above the fire.

However, I would have thought that would have been fixed if it ever was a problem in previous versions.