PDA

View Full Version : More PS +off servers please

Rascal999
17th May 2006, 21:14
As mentioned here (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?p=66410)

Cyber-Couch
17th May 2006, 21:42
Lately I have been thinking that pigsticking is harder if not equal to using the slash technique. With pigsticking you have to time it right, be in a good position with the target and worry about sticking on crap. However with slashing you are in and out with a quick slash or two. Also the use of pipe bombs makes it easier for slash, thus leaving you with a nice easy meal if hungry. I still play on pigstick servers even though slashing is to me easier.

I would say random hidden servers is more of the necessary. In my opinion I like variety in hiddens instead of same very good hidden every round. I love being the hidden twice in a row or more, but I like the teamwork that goes into random hidden servers.

Sibling
17th May 2006, 21:55
pigstick harder than slashing... you are joking right?.... right? Please let their be less pigstick on servers... I hate playing with a bunch of kids that the only thing they can do is wait for people to pass them and then pigstick them in the back and go back to hiding. I don't mind that other people want to play pigstick but at least let there be more than 3-4 servers with pigstick off.

Faffel
17th May 2006, 23:47
I still think the best playstyle is slash-heavy with the occasional pigstick as terror factor. There's nothing pigsticking a hanging corpse all over someone walking past it.

detached
18th May 2006, 01:27
I got 2 non-PS up. Normally get more steady pop then non-ps as of late.

Rascal999
18th May 2006, 15:34
Hmmm I might see if I can get my own server up an running :p

PanFrie
18th May 2006, 15:45
pig-stick is only easier if your playing against noobs. people who know what they are doing and use their sounds can own anyone that tries to pig stick them, unless the hidden times it so as soon as they get behind the person (behind, because a frontal assault would be suicide against the people i play with) they hear you and turn around with a nice shotgun in your face.

only thing non-ps servers are good for people who arnt good as iris, and for being certain to have more bodies to play around with, and since theres no pig stick, more of a reason to kill people with props. barrel kills FTW!!!

chilly
18th May 2006, 16:11
I run one PS OFF server, I can arrange to run another. Or rascal if you want to run your own drop me a PM maybe.

Chilly

Rascal999
18th May 2006, 16:29
Yeah sure, you could do that for me? That would be swell because even though their are PS +off servers they don't seem to run round the clock as it were so thanks :D

MiasmicAnomie
18th May 2006, 16:50
pig-stick is only easier if your playing against noobs. people who know what they are doing and use their sounds can own anyone that tries to pig stick them, unless the hidden times it so as soon as they get behind the person (behind, because a frontal assault would be suicide against the people i play with) they hear you and turn around with a nice shotgun in your face.

Run up behind someone and start sticking when you're really close to a guy, yeah, you'll get owned.

If you're far enough away when you start the stick, they'll either not hear it or think you're going to hit someone else.

I think using the stick exclusively is actually counter-productive, even if it's enabled. Yeah, you get all one-hit kills, but if you slash, there's bodies around if you need them, etc. Sometimes I'll stick, usually I don't, and I'm with you on the physprop kills - so fun. (Camper in one of the red areas on traindepot ? Lob a bomb in there, grab a tire, dead camper).

edit°
18th May 2006, 16:58
Run up behind someone and start sticking when you're really close to a guy, yeah, you'll get owned.

If you're far enough away when you start the stick, they'll either not hear it or think you're going to hit someone else.

I think using the stick exclusively is actually counter-productive, even if it's enabled. Yeah, you get all one-hit kills, but if you slash, there's bodies around if you need them, etc. Sometimes I'll stick, usually I don't, and I'm with you on the physprop kills - so fun. (Camper in one of the red areas on traindepot ? Lob a bomb in there, grab a tire, dead camper).

Nah, xboning them is more fun :D

PanFrie
18th May 2006, 17:35
*sees flying xbox
*screams im teh microphone:
"ACK!!! not teh Xbox of doom!!! oh noes!"

*SPLAT*