PDA

View Full Version : Report In Communication... How's this work?

Essobie
15th May 2006, 19:45
I know how to say it (hold down +radiomenu, mouse over and click on what you want to say), but what is it actually doing? It seems as though it immediately has everyone respond if they are still alive, which is exactly what I was hoping it was supposed to do.

Apparently because of some sort of chat spam protection, it only shows your own report in. The only indication that others are still around you is perhaps a quick clip of some other report in message and a bunch of bangs on your radar if you happen to be facing in the direction and are close enough to other IRIS team members.

Is this just broken, or am I using this wrong?

John
15th May 2006, 21:08
I know how to say it (hold down +radiomenu, mouse over and click on what you want to say), but what is it actually doing? It seems as though it immediately has everyone respond if they are still alive, which is exactly what I was hoping it was supposed to do.
This is correct, if you check the console you will find everyone alive automatically sends a suitable line of text. The feature will be polished (with regards to SFX) in the next releases.

Essobie
15th May 2006, 23:11
Ah... so it is the spam filter that's preventing said messages.

Is there a way to bind particular radio communications to a single key? I could probably script around a way to (for now) do a report in and toggle the console real fast or something just to see who's alive. I haven't config scripted in HL2 yet... so this might not even be possible.

Isolation
15th May 2006, 23:16
In the console: Bind KEY +radio NUMBER (1 through 8). Simple.

Ging
16th May 2006, 00:00
no + before radio, just radio n