PDA

View Full Version : Manimod Beta N

Dead Inside
15th May 2006, 19:18
Anyone who was using the previous beta M and having trouble with Hidden B3 might want to upgrade. I ended up finding mani not to be a problem for me, others still feel it was and in reply to a post i made mani himself had this to say;

"The new gametypes.txt file should sort out issues on the B3 version of Hidden. They changed the name that the plugin uses to work out which mod it is supporting which caused chaos."

I've installed it on one server so far and it seemed ok on a brief test run, i'll monitor it tonight under a proper load and see if anything crops up.

I use the sourcemeta mod plugin version for anyone wondering.

AskedRelic
16th May 2006, 01:23
Excellent, I will check this out. I have been having major problems with trying to run either the sourcemeta mod version vs the hldm method. Also, I can't get the teamkilling mod to work or slay to work, slaying people via mani just crashes the server.

Ging
16th May 2006, 01:59
Hmm, this might be an issue with each release, at least for a while - I assume it uses the internal DLL name (which is what shows up in the server browser), we change that every release to make it clear what version servers are running.

chilly
16th May 2006, 03:02
The only difference is in a text file on the mani side of things though - and if all thats required is to change 1 line of that file its hardly a project killer. Although it is a pita.

Dead Inside
16th May 2006, 11:36
Beta N RC1 is out already, fixes a few more things.

Not noticed any particular problems with it yet here, although i've yet to really see it working under load on our servers, the two that are now running it have been too quiet, everyone camped the other two servers instead _

chilly
16th May 2006, 13:17
I've not used metamod before - does that help with mani you rekon? Persomally I have zero issues with mani anyway running the HLDM flavour so I'm not going to upgrade unless it breaks :P Just curious.

Dead Inside
16th May 2006, 14:30
I wouldn't think theres too much difference, it easier to manage if you want to test or run other plugins as well i believe but other than that i don't think theres any real difference. It was just the one i got working properly first so i kept using it. :D

Its got its own thread in the sourcemm forum too so i can usually avoid the slightly unpleasant looking mani website and forums. :p

M_C
16th May 2006, 19:51
I looked at mm because there's a anti-camping plugin but, so far, I've been sticking with the release version of mani and I've had no problems.

K. GoBlin
17th May 2006, 05:34
Ever since the server patch, I haven't had any problems with Mani Beta M. Or at least no one's reported any issues to me and I haven't seen any mass timeout messages in the logs.

M_C
18th May 2006, 10:00
Well I did try source metamod on my R&D server to test an anti-camping plugin designed for CS. It worked, as far as I tested it but I'm now back to mani+other plugins.

EDIT: Now I'm trying source mm with a ratetweaker plugin. It seems to play with mani and the other plugins I've started using, so far. Try both, if you want. ;)