PDA

View Full Version : View Hidden Models on SDK?

Das_Boot
15th May 2006, 10:49
Is it possible to view The Hidden models in Source SDK or any other model viewer for that matter, and if so might I inquire as to how?

I'm currently attempting to make custom skins for The Hidden Player models however being able to quickly start up SDK or a model viewer to look at what the skin would look like ingame would be so much easier than currently starting up a client side server, adding a bunch of bots and running around the bot that has the current model that I am working on and trying to get a good quality Screenshot on him.

If anyone knows how it would save me a lot of sweat and blood.

scratch
15th May 2006, 11:51
Well, there are no new models, just new textures. Type "iris" in the hammer texture browser filter.

Chas0r
15th May 2006, 12:53
Well, there are no new models, just new textures. Type "iris" in the hammer texture browser filter.
Erm, wtf?

I could always view the hidden models in HLMV, you can find the IRIS models, ,which I assume your going to change, in SteamApps\SourceMods\Hidden\models\player
The far I remember, the model browser doesn't even need a dirictory, just type the model's name to search for it.

scratch
15th May 2006, 12:54
Ah well, then i'm mistaken. They made me do it.

Ging
15th May 2006, 13:15
Best method is to use VConfig (steam\steamapps\yourloginname\sourcesdk\bin\) to add the mod to the internal list of "working" mods. Then when you boot up the SDK you can select it from the drop down list - model viewer will then find hidden content for your perusal.

Rascal999
15th May 2006, 18:55
Is the Hidden nothing more than a flower pot?