PDA

View Full Version : Music Volume Slider under Audio settings has no effect

Essobie
13th May 2006, 06:50
Another GUI issue. Searched and found an old thread about not being able to turn music off and the solution in that thread was apparently to move the music files somewhere else/delete them, but that doesn't really address the slider not doing anything to the music volume.

Oh, and if it seems like I'm doing nothing but complaining about this mod in recent posts, please know that I only post bugs in mod forums when I really like the mod. :)

Ging
13th May 2006, 10:12
It's because the music is played through the sound scapes, which don't allow control over music volume through the sliders - blame the mappers who refused to recompile the maps to add music.

Essobie
13th May 2006, 18:04
I shall now officially blame the mappers. :)

I'm also moving the song files to a backup directory so they won't get played. They are just too loud in parts (which seems to play just at the wrong times for me...).

Edit: after having played with these files removed from that directory, I noticed that the console continually spams that it can't find the files, so I've taken to making 2 minutes of silence, encoding it to mp3 format, and renaming it to the three music filenames. This seems to rid myself of the music as well as keep the console from freaking out every time it attempts to play a song.