PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Sync problem

Can't See
11th May 2006, 23:48
Ok ging I am not sure really why this is happening. i was kinda getting tired of the tearing and I have a decent machine so i wanted to vertical sync so I could do away with the tearing BUT when i enable it, the hidden looks like it converts to 800x600.(i run at 1280x1024). Say i am the IRIS, my health does not appear in the radar box it appears about halfway up on the left side of the screen. The ammo appears on the right little lower than halfway but not even near where it should be.

ALSO when I hold tab and open up to view people scores and pings the words are HUGE. not small like normal. I unchecked vertical sync and it went right back to being how it is supposed to look. If needed I will take screen shots. i liked vertical sync MUCH more easy to see small movements, problem is the increase in screen resolution.

Any help on fixing this would be great.

later ging
Can't See

Ging
11th May 2006, 23:52
restart the game after you make any modifications to your video settings - source sucks at updating the hud info with any changes to settings.

You could try hud_reloadscheme in the console, but it probably won't change the text on the scoreboard.

Can't See
12th May 2006, 00:05
Nice will try it here in a sec.

thanks brother

later ging
Can't See