PDA

View Full Version : Hacker Cought!

AExiOn
11th May 2006, 00:17
While playing earlier I ran into a hacker.

He admitted to it, and I also recorded a demo

http://files.filefront.com/hackdem/;5055339;;/fileinfo.html

I diddent get all of what he did but there is solid proof in one turn, where he knew exactly where the hidden was. He also admitted to it and begged us not to report him.

Hopefully some of you admins will see this and put him on the ban list.

steam id was 0:0:6653056
went by the name Mr.Lector

Rising_x_Pain
13th May 2006, 09:53
I think you mean caught. Unless the hacker that cought had bird flu. Then you're in trouble.

starstriker1
13th May 2006, 16:47
Kudos on bringing a demo! However, for future reference, you should post reports like this in the "server admins" section.

Essobie
13th May 2006, 17:55
I'd argue he shouldn't have posted it anywhere on the forum, but instead mailed it to the dev team. :rolleyes:

Night Raider
13th May 2006, 18:38
Wrong.
Hackers, exploiters, TKers and BHSers need to be reported on the server admin forum. In fact, it's strange that any of the mods have moved this thread there.

Lowe
13th May 2006, 19:32
I was there - was defo dodgy.

Saw a few others later on too, one guy could run about 100x faster than everyone else, could blatently see the Hidden all the time and was Tking everyone too. Sad mofos :(

M_C
13th May 2006, 20:18
Yeah, he's gone. Too bad you didn't type status while recording the demo, you might have sent it in for a steam ban, that would have really ruined his day. ;)

Reiter
13th May 2006, 21:51
It's odd that you can record the voice conversations but the demo doesn't contain everyone's steamID too somewhere in the demo code... oh well. Maybe later, right?

starstriker1
14th May 2006, 01:02
If you type "status" into the console, it shows up on the demo.

Infoceptor
16th May 2006, 00:15
I believe i had an encounter with a hacker too. He went by the name "Shoes". I couldn't confirm it 100% but it became so obvious as the game went on. I was playing on AskTheRelic.com at the time. He was pulling some crazy bs against the few people who killed him and became hidden.

To begin, the man was sick with hidden, and i mean SICK. He was pulling ridiculous stuff off. You wouldn't even have a glimpse of him before he took you out. You would see your teammate get pked 5 ft in front of you and not even see him for a instant. He would toss objects at you, throw perfect nades and take out groups of people. He even blocked a passageway with crates once. When the guy shot them up and went through, he jumped from the ceiling - gg.

I don't think he was hacking as hidden or at least, he would still have been very, very good regardless. HOWEVER, it was clear he was hacking as IRIS. As i mentioned before, he would know where the hidden was every round, without hesitation. Some random guy got lucky and killed him. He would pk him back next round in under 30 seconds, easy.

I remember when the server started a new map. It was pretty much me vs. him. I was hidden. The map was Discovery. I was waiting for him in the left cabin door. I use Q and see him coming directly towards me. I play it safe and run backwards through the other door, outside. I'm outside, i still see him coming directly towards me. He goes through the door, boom boom, game over.

It could not possibly have been more obvious. Keep in mind i made sure i was behind walls the entire time. There was NO possible way he could have seen me and known i was there, unless he was wallhacking.

Also keep in mind he was pulling stuff like this off for a good 40-50 min until he left. It could not possibly have been luck. A part of me kinda hoped he was playing legit but it cannot be completely true. The experience left a bad taste in my mouth and i guess that is why i'm sharing it. There are people out there that hack, although they thankfully aren't common.

hutch
16th May 2006, 01:20
I believe i had an encounter with a hacker too. He went by the name "Shoes". I couldn't confirm it 100% but it became so obvious as the game went on. I was playing on AskTheRelic.com at the time. He was pulling some crazy bs against the few people who killed him and became hidden.

To begin, the man was sick with hidden, and i mean SICK. He was pulling ridiculous stuff off. You wouldn't even have a glimpse of him before he took you out. You would see your teammate get pked 5 ft in front of you and not even see him for a instant. He would toss objects at you, throw perfect nades and take out groups of people. He even blocked a passageway with crates once. When the guy shot them up and went through, he jumped from the ceiling - gg.

I don't think he was hacking as hidden or at least, he would still have been very, very good regardless. HOWEVER, it was clear he was hacking as IRIS. As i mentioned before, he would know where the hidden was every round, without hesitation. Some random guy got lucky and killed him. He would pk him back next round in under 30 seconds, easy.

I remember when the server started a new map. It was pretty much me vs. him. I was hidden. The map was Discovery. I was waiting for him in the left cabin door. I use Q and see him coming directly towards me. I play it safe and run backwards through the other door, outside. I'm outside, i still see him coming directly towards me. He goes through the door, boom boom, game over.

It could not possibly have been more obvious. Keep in mind i made sure i was behind walls the entire time. There was NO possible way he could have seen me and known i was there, unless he was wallhacking.

Also keep in mind he was pulling stuff like this off for a good 40-50 min until he left. It could not possibly have been luck. A part of me kinda hoped he was playing legit but it cannot be completely true. The experience left a bad taste in my mouth and i guess that is why i'm sharing it. There are people out there that hack, although they thankfully aren't common.
you will need some kind of proof for anyone to do anything though