PDA

View Full Version : Server naming.

Prometheus
8th May 2006, 17:20
PLEASE put in your server name whether the server has pigstick or not! Preferably at the beginning, something simple like NO/PS or PS. So many do not do this its annoying. I prefere no Ps servers becuase they are so much more fun but its hard to find the right servers.

Prometheus

hutch
8th May 2006, 17:48
agreed, not enough servers do that, kudos to those who do :D

EmeralDragon
8th May 2006, 18:05
I haven't done that to our server, due to the fact that it is toggled on and off at the admins discretion. However, it is off 90% of the time, so perhaps I should go ahead and put "No PS" in the title anyways, lol.

Our original plans were to have 2 servers up for B3, one PS and one without. However, it seems our primary box can't handle 2 fully populated servers at once (it also runs our Teamspeak, website, FTP server, email server, and several BF1942 servers running various mods. Plus, we just added an unranked BF2 server running the NAW mod, and it's simply too much load for the cpu's to handle). We have a secondary box, but it's devoted solely to a ranked BF2 server. You wouldn't believe how cpu/bandwidth intensive a RANKED 64 player BF2 server is. It saps every last drop of performance out of that box, and its running dual Xeon's with 2gb ram. I swear EA did an absolute piss-poor job optimizing BF2.

I'll probably change it tonight. I need to mess around with Mani Mod some more and try to get the server to run stable with it installed, and see if I can't get the VAC secured with the older windows builds (Deadclan servers do it, why can't ours???). Plus, our MOTD still mentions Beta 2, lol.

M_C
8th May 2006, 18:56
PLEASE put in your server name whether the server has pigstick or not! Preferably at the beginning, something simple like NO/PS or PS. So many do not do this its annoying. I prefere no Ps servers becuase they are so much more fun but its hard to find the right servers.

Prometheus
My B3 server has always had PS=1/0 in the name but not at the front because that's not the most important thing. ;)