PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Bug

Skornogr4phy
7th May 2006, 15:50
I seem to get this when I change from wall cam to player cam. Once I hit player cam, the level does not show brushes, but only entities. I get hall of mirrors + the entities, which is starting to give me a headache. I was fooling around with some settings on against a bot (couldn't see the bugger so I wanted wireframe). Nothing was wrong then, but now it is like this:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3748/screwy2gb.jpg

Reiter
7th May 2006, 22:38
Wow.

Hardware?

Ging
8th May 2006, 00:38
Which settings did you change?

If you can't remember, delete your config.cfg and see if that solves it.

Skornogr4phy
13th May 2006, 14:40
will the game recreate a new.cfg file for me?

It is quite annoying, but it only happens sometimes :(

majesticmerc
13th May 2006, 15:20
I've been having that bug for quite some time now. When I first installed it it was ok, but then it just started doing that.

I'll redo my config, but as far as I know, I've only ever changed my keyboard settings, my name, and my video settings (all through options)

majesticmerc
13th May 2006, 20:04
Apologies for double post 1st of all.

I deleted config.cfg and still no luck.

The first round I die it's all fine, but then after that I get the same problem as Skornogr4phy.

Hardware:
~AMD 64 3000+ 1.8Ghz
~Nvidia Geforce 6600 256MB PCI-E
~1024MB RAM PC3200

Windows: XP SP2 32-bit (Up to date)

Hidden Video Settings:
Res: 1024x768 (Full Screen)
A.R: 4:3
Gamma: 2.0
Advanced: All High, Colour Correction disabled, No Antialiasing, trilinear filtering, no Vertical Sync.

Reiter
13th May 2006, 21:38
Next thing I would try is deleting the hidden directory and reinstalling the mod and see if that helps. I know it's a bit of a hassle, but I imagine that will either solve the problem or give the coders something to look at when they know it is at the same configuration as it was sent out.

Also, check console to see if any other error messages are coming from the engine.

majesticmerc
14th May 2006, 03:57
Next thing I would try is deleting the hidden directory and reinstalling the mod and see if that helps. I know it's a bit of a hassle, but I imagine that will either solve the problem or give the coders something to look at when they know it is at the same configuration as it was sent out.

Also, check console to see if any other error messages are coming from the engine.

I actually reformatted my computer and re-installed Half-Life 2 and Hidden last week (for a Grub bootloader/Fedora Core related error >_<) and it's still doing the same.

PanFrie
16th May 2006, 16:22
wow... most of us get the opposite, with getting the brushes but NO entities (not even player models)

Skornogr4phy
18th May 2006, 14:43
I get both. For the first round there are no entities (they sort of flicker then disappear), then later the whole thing goes screwy.