PDA

View Full Version : Buying the beta? WTF?

h34dsh0t
6th May 2006, 15:47
Okay so, I downloaded Hidden and ran it once, using just the tutorial. But after I closed out of the game it says I have to purchase it, I can't even launch anymore. Would I have to reinstall or is there some other thing I'd have to do? (Aside from actually purchasing a beta...)

MiasmicAnomie
6th May 2006, 15:52
You shouldn't have to buy the beta. Maybe Steam is telling you that you need to buy HL2??

h34dsh0t
6th May 2006, 15:54
No, I own half-life 2, I've beaten it many times in the past on this account. It's saying I have to purchase Hidden: Source Beta 3

Edit: After relogging into my steam account I can Launch Hidden now. Perhaps it was a glitch on my end.

John
6th May 2006, 16:19
That's odd, I don't remember being bought-out by Valve. Ging, would you like to tell the rest of the team anything? :p

Chas0r
6th May 2006, 17:47
I just had the same problem. After I shut down hidden, Steam said I wouldn't own HL2 anymore. Both, half-life2 and hidden had "Purchase.." as the only option. Worked again after restart. Well done, VALVE, well done.

Doc
6th May 2006, 17:49
Ging is now hiding out in his Guatemalan money-house. We'll never see him again.

Chas0r
6th May 2006, 17:50
Valve also has a proven track record for turning MODs into full-fledged commercial products.
Fine, just make sure these bastards don't get any cent from you, ok?