PDA

View Full Version : Everything Keeps Crashing

Topvelocity
6th May 2006, 06:17
hey new to hidden but not to mods

i cant run the tutorial at all computer crashes

if i kill or watch some1 kill hidden it crashes

now i hav changed gfx to lower setting (everything is on * or low)

it says something about a dll file missing or not working got to annoyed when reading

i realy want to play hidden without the worry of it crashing :mad:

also a funni lil thing my friends (simular computers) dl it with no problems at all so far :confused:

Top Velocity

Peace Through Superior Firepower

Sonic
6th May 2006, 06:30
That woud of been awsome if you posted this on May Day.

Fragster
30th May 2006, 13:42
hey new to hidden but not to mods

i cant run the tutorial at all computer crashes

if i kill or watch some1 kill hidden it crashes

now i hav changed gfx to lower setting (everything is on * or low)

it says something about a dll file missing or not working got to annoyed when reading

i realy want to play hidden without the worry of it crashing :mad:

also a funni lil thing my friends (simular computers) dl it with no problems at all so far :confused:

Top Velocity

Peace Through Superior Firepower

same thing is happening to me every time i see the hidden die my game crashes and takes me to the main screen, i dwnloaded the patch which the hidden team released to stop this but still my game is crashing...can u please verify the place where to put the folder and files so i can check i have it in the right place. (Very good game BTW)

hutch
30th May 2006, 17:28
Its very very likely that your video cards arent powerful enough to run this mod right, tell us what your video cards are, and if they are sub dirextx8 then thats likley why your crashing.

Fragster
1st June 2006, 10:22
i have directx9 this is why i dont have a clue why it aint working :( :mad:

hutch
1st June 2006, 10:35
i have directx9 this is why i dont have a clue why it aint working :( :mad:
just because you have dx9 doesn't mean that you have a dx8.1 or higher card.
post your system specs and I'll try to help as best as I can

Boxy
1st June 2006, 10:35
Man this confusion will never end will it. Everyone has DirectX9 software, its the hardware that matters. What video card do you have? I suspect from your error description that you have a sub DX8 card which (at the mo) causes crashes when you kill the Hidden and 'see' him die.

The news only gets worse. As so many people euse DX6/7 Hidden as a form of cheating to aid seeing 617 better, we are more than likely going to be making the Hidden completely invisible in DX6/7 from Beta 4 onwards. We are supporting the DX6/7 modes but not actively suporting if you see what I mean. Time to upgrade people. Even a GF4 is good enough and to have a card lower than that in my mind doesnt make you a gaming enthusiast.

hutch
1st June 2006, 10:40
gah, stop stalking me boxy