PDA

View Full Version : Direct X

Sonic
5th May 2006, 21:32
Okay, I have Direct X 7 on my computer. I know you can see the Hidden more easily with it, and crap like that, but I've still been playing because I desperately wanted to play. Plus, I would shoot the Hidden half the time.
But whenever I try to install direct X 9, it just doesn't work, and I have no clue. I NEED to find out what the problem is...

ThunderDan
5th May 2006, 23:42
DirectX is software. To even install HL2 you need DirectX 9 software, but the level of DirectX that your video card supports will determine the in game graphics. If you're card's hardware is only DirectX 7 then you won't be able to run anything higher in game.

To find out this information -> Go to Start then run, and in the box type "dxdiag".
Under The display tab there is a Test Direct 3D button that will let you know what level your hardware supports.

If you can use DirectX 9 adding "-dxlevel 90" to the launch options of hidden will cause it to switch to using DirectX 9.

note: to get to launch options right click on the hidden in steam and go to properties.

=NAA=SHADOW
5th May 2006, 23:52
get a new vid card!
you will be better off!

Pazernus
13th May 2006, 09:39
and it isnt that way anymore. they fixed the dx7 thing on b2,atleast thats what ppl told to me

Chas0r
13th May 2006, 09:58
Since B3, it is possible to run hidden with DX7. You won't see the nice shader, but a highly alpha-ed hidden model instead. Could be quite hard to spot it though.