PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the crash fix?!?

Kitn0
5th May 2006, 17:40
Where's this crash fix? I havnt been able to play Hidden since latest release and it sucks, and a lot of people are also experiencing this problem, as you know.

When can we expect a fix?

Boxy
5th May 2006, 17:51
Basically we made a promise to ourselves we would ramp up and attempt to get 'updates' out every month, so rather than do hotfixes and the like, we are instead attempting to bring you Beta 4(with fixes and changes etc) sometime in early June, but its a coder based thing so I cant actually guarantee it. Believe me when I say I know two of them are working on it, cant say much for the third one...:p

Ging
5th May 2006, 18:46
If we can track down the cause of the crash and resolve it, we'll release a patch rapidly so everyone can get back to playing - it is our highest priority right now I assure you.

Lord Al
5th May 2006, 18:47
Beta 4 early june o_O you guys own!

Kitn0
5th May 2006, 19:30
Thanks for info, sorry for rant. Sounds good!

Isolation
5th May 2006, 19:49
I brake for Weighting Systems that determine the ages old "MY KILL!" battles.

T-bone
6th May 2006, 08:02
I suspect something faulty in the Animations, possibly its been organized incorrectly, could even be something simple as Mouse actions. We know something happens once you get killed or kill the Hidden, something triggers right after resulting in the so called crashes (and this is just one among many) This is a great game and it surely diserves more than 5 mins game time hope it gets fixed asap...oh wait *Crash*
......... Message Terminated ..........

T-bone
7th May 2006, 18:26
soz for dbl post
had a crash free session today, for the fun i renamed HL2.exe to sumthin else. i cant go onto a server by opening the game directly thru steam cuz it will tell you sumthin bout HL2.exe which i renamed, instead i access servers thru the steam servers tool thingy, works fine, wether this renaming has anything to do with having a crash free session for the first time everl is unknown, however its worth the try........ :confused:

daedalous
8th May 2006, 22:46
soz for dbl post
had a crash free session today, for the fun i renamed HL2.exe to sumthin else. i cant go onto a server by opening the game directly thru steam cuz it will tell you sumthin bout HL2.exe which i renamed, instead i access servers thru the steam servers tool thingy, works fine, wether this renaming has anything to do with having a crash free session for the first time everl is unknown, however its worth the try........ :confused:

i tried that and it didnt work..
the same crash with the same problem.
and the hl2.exe is re-created lol!
now i have somethingelse.exe and hl2.exe in the folder :p

Seph31
9th May 2006, 00:19
I know that one cause of the crashing is by DX6 or 7 shaders used on the hidden death animation. A friend of mine has a crappy mobile raedon video card and the hidden is a visable milky figure that is way more easily seen than the normal distortion. And in some maps objects fade away not too far rom him so the hidden cant even hide behind a bush without him seeing it BUT his disadvantage is that whenever he kills the hidden and sees it die, he crashes.

The same crash happened when I forced DX 6 on a 7600GT. It would change the hidden to an easily seen milky figure, but it would crash when you see him die.

And the old DX shader problems are really annoying because you can no longer hide from people. For instance, I could be up on top of the building on Highrise completely still and crouched down, only to get pistol sniped from a guy all the way across the map....and then he crashes.

T-bone
9th May 2006, 10:27
Ok i finally crashed on a server with VAC hrnf, when i reconnect i crash imidiately. Howevr when i restart the comp i have no problems for a long long time

Pazernus
12th May 2006, 22:23
well for me the crashes are when i see hidden dying sometimes. i think its somehow related to the dying animation or something, and rarelly i get it when i kill as hidden.

Pazernus
13th May 2006, 09:37
well i keep getting errors all the time now for some reason. here is pic of the error it gives.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6550/error3gt.jpg

it doesnt matter if i kill the hidden,as long as i see it dying or it dies where im looking at no matter if there is walls or no i crash. and sometimes if i kill as hidden i crash.

T-bone
13th May 2006, 11:13
some guy in the Bug sections gave a temporary fix pretty simple and it works

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=4443