PDA

View Full Version : Problem to see the hidden

Pazernus
5th May 2006, 17:03
ok im having this small problem. in my brothers computer i can see hidden well.
if i try to look toward it on my comp or it moves a bit(tested with friend) i cant see it at all. in otherwords for some reason i cant see the hidden here but i can see it on dystopia.

so is there anyway to fix this or cmd to see it atleast a bit?

im using G-force Ti 4200 as my graphic card

i have updated my graphic card to the latest drivers it has and it didnt help

erikkiller
5th May 2006, 17:21
MAYBE it's from monitor? I dunno... it can also be from Hidden settings...

Pazernus
5th May 2006, 17:25
i tryed on high on all and low on all and didnt make any change.
and somewhere i heard it can be from graphic card that some cards wont support this hidden invicible system. but im not sure from it though

Puzzlemaker
5th May 2006, 17:45
Try changing your resolution or brightness.

Lord Al
5th May 2006, 19:48
Its your graphics card i belive upgrade :)

Kendo
5th May 2006, 20:22
What GFX card does your brother have?

PureD
5th May 2006, 20:24
Its your graphics card i belive upgrade :)
Strangely I have the same problem and it doesnt matter if you have low or high shader details. B2 works perfectly but B3 just doesn't. It's not a graphics card issue.

Pazernus
5th May 2006, 20:33
oh,well i wish its fixed soon because i really like to see the hidden,otherwise its almost impossible to kill it unless like today i run to it and realize there is no wall but i cant move forward ;)

and im not sure what card he uses,i can ask later from him when his lan party is over

T-bone
6th May 2006, 09:06
I can see hidden Clear as day on my Cheap GF4MX , but i cant see him at all on my 6800 :( so what do i do? i play with the 4MX instead and leave the 6800 to CoD2 and Quake4

M_C
6th May 2006, 09:19
Define "clear as day"?

Pazernus
6th May 2006, 17:35
now im trying again and i look the hidden and i see it dam hardly. if its standing still i cant see anything but if it moves i see it when the invicibility changes the background a bit and its hard to see it that way. and only way i really see it is if i point my laser sight to it or acidently hit on it while running xD

M_C
6th May 2006, 17:44
Well it IS harder to see still, than moving, but just how clear does the other card show the hidden?

scratch
6th May 2006, 17:48
Anyone already suggested to put "-dxlevel 90" to startup properties of Hidden?

-> right click hidden in steam, properties, set launch options, add "-dxlevel 90" there (without quotes). As long as your card supports dx9, you'll be able to see the hidden again as it's supposed to be.

Beware that this option will probably always change your graphic settings back to either high or what hl2dm thinks suits best for you machine, not sure here. To circumvent this, you have to manually save the settings in a custom config, my settings:

mat_picmip "0" //texture quality, high(0) medium(1) low(2)
r_rootlod "1" //model quality, high(0) medium(1) low(2)
r_shadowrendertotexture "0" //shadows, high(1) low(0)
r_waterforceexpensive "0" // water reflections, reflect world(1) simple reflections(0)
r_waterforcereflectentities "0" // water reflects entities, on(1) off(0)
mat_monitorgamma "1.7" // brightness

Pazernus
7th May 2006, 01:07
atleast on me i cant see if its still and i can see it rarelly when it moves,atm only way for me to detect it is to point my laser sight to it and realize it shouldnt stop that close to me or run and hit to the hidden accidently. and the second part isnt nice because then im way too close to the hidden ;)

anyways im gonna try that cmd thing w/e it is if it helps now :3

Pazernus
7th May 2006, 01:09
ok the first cmd didnt work and the rest there is totall hebrew for me so i dont get what to do with them :I

T-bone
7th May 2006, 18:33
Define Clear as Day

Black? ;)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peabush/w0ats.jpg
Nah more like a dusty outline combined with a bubble filled with smoke kinda thing like pic above though its got phugly lines thru it however while playing the Hidden is very easy to spot, even from far. also eyesight may also be a factor in this wether your eyes / brain pick it up, practice . Ill tell you this, after playing Hidden ive started to see weird things around me, like shadows walking....

Something is banging on my window....

im not going to look......... :eek:

M_C
7th May 2006, 19:46
You mean you have the white outlined hidden on one computer and you want that on the other? :confused:

T-bone
8th May 2006, 15:20
Uhh no, how is this about me :confused: heh no i dont want it on the other comp as it works fine on this one. btw im running DX7 on this card.

majesticmerc
8th May 2006, 15:25
There's your problem. DX7 is not supported by the game, the hidden models in DX6/7 are not there for usefulness.

Try looking at this...

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=3560

GodTom
9th May 2006, 03:36
ok im having this small problem. in my brothers computer i can see hidden well.
if i try to look toward it on my comp or it moves a bit(tested with friend) i cant see it at all. in otherwords for some reason i cant see the hidden here but i can see it on dystopia.

so is there anyway to fix this or cmd to see it atleast a bit?

im using G-force Ti 4200 as my graphic card

i have updated my graphic card to the latest drivers it has and it didnt help

Can you use night vision aswell? Cause I have the same vid card.

T-bone
9th May 2006, 06:40
rofl then why is it working fone on my pc with DX7 , im just saying i have no problems with anything, MX4 and DX7 works for me and ill keep it this way...

Pazernus
12th May 2006, 06:23
i heard that there was bug that you saw hidden way easier than with dx 9 or 8(well 8 wont show it at all) and if you got dx 8 or lower dont use that -dxlevel 9,it forces the game think you got dx9 forcing it to use dx9 stuff wich wont on older dx versions and in the end your graph card might go boom.

T-bone
12th May 2006, 08:40
it should be hardcoded imo

Pazernus
12th May 2006, 09:38
hmm if i make my game to force dx9 and i got dx8 only my card can get fked up.

but what if i make my dx8 to force dx7?(i heard dx7 works so >_>)so what could be the side effects/consquences?