PDA

View Full Version : No names when spectating

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 21:33
I find it most annoying that you do not get to see the name of the person you are spectating. As a server admin I need to be able to spectate ALL players, including the hidden, and I need to know who is who. I'm sure it's not difficult to add, but I humbly beg that it be in the next update.

Ging
4th May 2006, 23:05
We'll never allow first person spectating of the hidden - and that's the end of it.

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 23:30
Fair enough, I can see why. As long as you add names to which of the IRIS you are spectating. That was my main request, really.

Spectating the marines is the most important, since most cheats in Hidden are about making it easier to see the hidden. If the hidden player feels wronged, I guess he better be recording a demo.

Isolation
5th May 2006, 00:14
From the player point of view, knowing who you are spectating would just be cooler, especially to see how a friend plays.

Aeacus
5th May 2006, 00:33
I'm guessing the spectate view from marines is like a wee camera on the shoulder, recording everything thats going on for proof/study/tactics etc, so wouldn't it make sense for it to send name and/or vital stats?

kkazican
5th May 2006, 06:18
Fair enough, I can see why. As long as you add names to which of the IRIS you are spectating. That was my main request, really.

Spectating the marines is the most important, since most cheats in Hidden are about making it easier to see the hidden. If the hidden player feels wronged, I guess he better be recording a demo.

Actually when I found cheaters it wasn't the fact that he could see my texture extremely easily that gave him away but the speed hack they use while they are hidden that does.

Spawning in derelick and then being pigstuck within the first 5 seconds of the map (couldn't even get up the first flight of stairs) is pretty bad to be up against.

But since B3 I haven't seen too many cheaters. Or at least noticeable ones.

Dr. Scrap
5th May 2006, 06:53
Yeah it should say something like "X"'s comm feed or something. X could either be the model name (e.g. Wakefield etc.) or the persons name.

Lord Al
5th May 2006, 09:45
Sometimes thats a spawn bug and in some maps it is possible for the hidden to get to a spawn within 5 secs

Isolation
5th May 2006, 10:14
ESPECIALLY on Derelict. Jeez, that's a fun map to insanityrush.

*IRIS*: "Laa-dee-da. Just spawned. I'll go camp the upper room. HOLY ****ING HELL GRUBER JUST ESPLOODED!!! MOVE OR GET PIPEBO....*gurgle*"

Twelve more seconds elapse.

HIDDEN WINS flawless victoly