PDA

View Full Version : Vac

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 12:33
I can't seem to be able to turn on VAC on my server. I've got -secure in the command line, and I've got sv_secure 1 in the server.cfg, neither seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Dead Inside
4th May 2006, 12:48
Since about the March 8th/9th updates VAC and log pulling on hl2mp + mod servers got a bit screwed up, i think log pulling works again now, it was possibly even a HLSW problem all along anyway, but VAC still isn't happy. You can rollback your dedicated server to get it working, theres a thread or two somewhere on this forum about it even, you'll find it if you search, one is possibly stickied in technical support forum iirc.

Rymdkejsaren
4th May 2006, 15:39
Is it worth the hassle? Currently running without VAC, seems like it's somthing they ought to fix sooner or later no?

MiasmicAnomie
4th May 2006, 15:42
The number of cheaters seems to jump on servers without VAC.

They seem to think that non-VAC means 'The server admins would just love it if I came in and cheated'. There were a couple of demos posted a while back where a speedhacker was actually saying something about 'there's no VAC, you can't get me banned'.

Well, from steam, no - but nonetheless that guy is not playing on a fair number of servers. ;)