PDA

View Full Version : sensor error

The Reaver
3rd May 2006, 01:44
If you plant a sensor on a peice of glass and then shoot the class it stays on the air where it used to be.

Doc
3rd May 2006, 01:46
Dude, your sig is bigger than cheeses.

Reiter
3rd May 2006, 01:50
That's been a problem in a few different games, hasn't it? I think even HL2:DM had that same problem with the SLAMs. I'll have to try it in DM to see if that is still a problem and what happens if you shoot the glass.

Lord Al
3rd May 2006, 13:22
Lol that problem used to be on goldeneye and thats years old now :P

Kitty_Loaf
3rd May 2006, 21:19
There's a worse problem of, if you stick a Sensor on something, and the beam goes through grating, it will keep going off (since it thinks the grating is an object, which i think it is... *shrugs*)

Demented
4th May 2006, 03:06
A SLAM will actually stay hovering in midair under a lot of circumstances. To an extent, it's even possible to make a SLAM beam stop in midair, by doing all sorts of crouching and jumping in front of it, though the reproducibility of that is, well.... Let's just say I only ever did it once.

It's rather funny to have a SLAM or Alarm in midair while someone's sitting on it. At least, I think it's rather funny.

Reiter
4th May 2006, 04:27
There's a worse problem of, if you stick a Sensor on something, and the beam goes through grating, it will keep going off (since it thinks the grating is an object, which i think it is... *shrugs*)

Moreso, I think it goes off when it doesn't hit certain objects, rather than when it does hit objects. I am sure many of you are aware on hdn_discovery, when you put a sonic alarm on the stern of the ship on the outside and it shoots off the ship, often enough it will just go off. I wonder if this is because it isn't hitting another wall. My guess is that if it doesn't at one point or another, it just goes off.