PDA

View Full Version : Couple b3 bugs (2 biggies) (note: not 32)

Shadowe
2nd May 2006, 22:30
Starting with the two (in my mind) critical bugs:

1. In the hidden training theres a ridiculous red overlay on your screen, its so bad that i had to keep hitting ESC to see wtf i was doing. When you hit ESC the red goes away, when you go back to the game it comes back.

2. Jumping as anybody will act as though you duck/unduck REAL quick at some point during both the up and down of the jump. This seems to have a huge effect on your jumps height and length. It made the iris training near impossible to complete.

3. Minor: The laser doesnt seem to go through anything transparent. Maybe this is just me.

Not so much a bug as an issue, since i dont want to spam the suggestions forum:

While I can learn to deal with the incredible amount of screen space taken up by the iris gun models; (was that intentional?) for all that is good and just in this world please change it so you dont recock the weapon every single time you pull it out. If you dont want us to be able to fire for 5 minutes after drawing a gun, just put a delay on the gun being drawn. Show the guy masturbating or something, but please not the ActionMovieRecock.

On the same note, what the hell is my avatar doing when i want to reload? Is he putting bullets into the mag before he pulls it out or something? And once the mag is onscreen why have the reload be so SLOW. The Five-seveN is the worst offender of this, reload it sometime and tell me that doesnt just seem cheap. I wouldn't mind if it were more convincing or just a longer animation (he's panicking right? have his hands shaking, give him trouble putting the mag in straight) but just moving so slowly and with such exaggerated and screenblocking animations...

p.s. my friend has a laser the size of your LAM, he uses it to cut shapes out of CD's. an internet cookie says that the LAM is actually a lightsaber bayonet and a secret code unlocks it.

The.ViruS
2nd May 2006, 22:48
To fix the red overlay open the console and type "cl_hvision 0" without the quotes. That should fix that. Its due to your GFX card no being able to handle the Hiddens vision.

Boxy
2nd May 2006, 22:56
No its not in this case, its the pain overlay from HL2. For some reason in the tutorial it doesnt fade away always, bit queer that really. Got to love Source.

*looks over his shoulder to unknown persons*

How much longer we got on it?

Shadowe
2nd May 2006, 23:43
Another for ya: I joined a server and started playing as IRIS (duh) but i had no weapon models. A round change didnt help, and trying to fire hung my comp so i had to restart.

When you cant alt-tab out with 2gigs of ram something is WRONG.

[edit]

oh and 6600gt's are quite capable of handling wimpy distortion shaders. I can chew up and spit FEAR out.

Ging
3rd May 2006, 00:16
Not so much a bug as an issue, since i dont want to spam the suggestions forum:

While I can learn to deal with the incredible amount of screen space taken up by the iris gun models; (was that intentional?) for all that is good and just in this world please change it so you dont recock the weapon every single time you pull it out.
The only large weapon we have that cocks on draw is the fn2000 - which is a large assault rifle... So yes, it does take up a proportion of your screen - I'm not a fan of the cock on deploy, I seem to recall asking for it to be removed but our animator is a difficult bastard to work with at the best of times.

On the same note, what the hell is my avatar doing when i want to reload? Is he putting bullets into the mag before he pulls it out or something?
Gameplay device, we want you to think carefully before you reload, so we make it slow...

p.s. my friend has a laser the size of your LAM, he uses it to cut shapes out of CD's. an internet cookie says that the LAM is actually a lightsaber bayonet and a secret code unlocks it.
I'm glad for your friend - if we made the laser smaller you wouldn't be able to see it... Some thought would've made that clear to you.

Deman
3rd May 2006, 12:01
also a easy way to bypass the red screen of the turtorial is moving to the left or right when u click confirm

jetpig
3rd May 2006, 17:09
Another for ya: I joined a server and started playing as IRIS (duh) but i had no weapon models. A round change didnt help, and trying to fire hung my comp so i had to restart.

When you cant alt-tab out with 2gigs of ram something is WRONG.

[edit]

oh and 6600gt's are quite capable of handling wimpy distortion shaders. I can chew up and spit FEAR out.

i got 1 gig and i can alt tab just as well asi can with DODS or HL2. CSS is the only thing that alt tabs prettily even then i lose reflections.

Shadowe
4th May 2006, 01:27
i got 1 gig and i can alt tab just as well asi can with DODS or HL2. CSS is the only thing that alt tabs prettily even then i lose reflections.
I was trying to sat alt-tab and ctrl+alt+del* werent responding.

The only large weapon we have that cocks on draw is the fn2000 - which is a large assault rifle... So yes, it does take up a proportion of your screen - I'm not a fan of the cock on deploy, I seem to recall asking for it to be removed but our animator is a difficult bastard to work with at the best of times.
Actually it turns out i had a glitch where all the weapons were up and to the left of where they should have been, taking up nearly the entire right side of the screen. Probably has something to do with how viewmodels move around when you turn quickly, i get this problem in all source games at some point.

I'm glad for your friend - if we made the laser smaller you wouldn't be able to see it... Some thought would've made that clear to you.
I meant the LAM's hardware, not the actual dot. thats about the right size for a 200mw green laser.

And has anyone else been lagging a lot more in hidden than they do in any other mod? I usually ping about 50-80 in CSS DoDS and HL2DM, even dystopia only has me listed at 70 or so, but it seems that every hidden server without fail i ping around 300. I mess up a console command binding my keys?

*turns out ctrl+alt+del crashed and hung. theres an interesting one for you, when a proggy hangs you hit ctrl+alt+del, but what do you do when THAT hangs?

Reiter
4th May 2006, 03:37
In regards to your ping, try and see what the processor load is on your computer when you're running Hidden. With some betas it puts a stressload on the computer with a configuration it doesn't like. If that's the case, sometimes your computer will have a hard time processing data packets and whatnot, causing lag. Does your fps suffer when your lag is that high?

Also, check the tickrate of your client. For some reason they can become befuddled (Yes, I used that word).

Shadowe
5th May 2006, 00:58
In regards to your ping, try and see what the processor load is on your computer when you're running Hidden. With some betas it puts a stressload on the computer with a configuration it doesn't like. If that's the case, sometimes your computer will have a hard time processing data packets and whatnot, causing lag. Does your fps suffer when your lag is that high?

Also, check the tickrate of your client. For some reason they can become befuddled (Yes, I used that word).

CPU is fine, and when its not hung i can alt-tab out and in quite easily. My frames are anywhere from 130 to 30 depending on whether i've got the blasted skipping (dips down real quick when i skip) but average around 50-80fps.

NOTHING is overclocked, not even my videocard. its all running quite cool, and everything behaves itself. Other source games dont seem to be giving me issue either, even lost coast seems to like me.

Whats the command for the clientside tickrate? so far i've been tweaking rate and cmdrate settings. Turning interp off helps with the BS! factor of the lag but its still there.