PDA

View Full Version : deadclan #3

=NAA=SHADOW
2nd May 2006, 11:07
hey guys wassup! was playing on deadclan #3 tonight and this guy comes in and starts OWNING! owning a lil to fast and easy!
yet i could shoot him point blank with shotgun and he doesnt die! after someone else shot him with there gun! i know this becasue i saw blood from him all over the place when he got shot!
i then asked him how come we couldnt kill him and he told me to learn how to play in voice chat!
someone called him a hack and i said i will report to forums and he wa slike there not going to do anything they know me on the forums!
and then he tked me and left! i have a SS of the console to prove it
you can check the logs!
http://www.imgster.com/ims/pic.php?u=216dnynB&i=1532

EmeralDragon
2nd May 2006, 13:32
Well, while he did act like an ass, having a 27/0 score does not mean he's hacking. I've done that many times before, and seen it dozens of times by more experienced players (such as starstriker, Pan, Sir Nick [at least in B1, with his insane crouch sliding :D], etc.).

You'll need a demo as proof of him exploiting for anything to be done about this. A SS of him cursing at you doesn't prove anything at all. Sorry.

I get accused of hacking on a regular basis while playing on my own server. Even someone accuses me of "ping hacking" because I have a 3 ping (30mb fiber connection and living 2 miles away from the server FTW), or I'm "scripting" because I can slash a few guys to death. My reply? Demo it and post on the forums. :)

P.S.: Hit detection is server side. Just because you see blood doesn't mean you actually scored a hit.

Merciless
2nd May 2006, 13:54
ok guys. this person is me....

this "naa shadow" was being a prick.

i didnt cheat or hack once and everyone on this forum knows i dont.

this guy didnt like the fact that i was beating him, he kept saying "bull****" and "what a ****ing hacker" etc over the microphone. so i started to lose my temper and tell him that he doesnt know **** (in a nice way like "learn to play")

i would like deadclan server admins to check the logs, you can clearly see them trying to votekick me from the room and calling me a hacker.

as for hidden gameplay, i was slashing 90% of the time, and hanging bodies around. i was getting sick of this guy fecking being an arse. people were trying to TK me at the beginning or the rounds (as you will be able to see in the chat log somebody says "i was trying to kill merciless" or something alike.)

anyway, i tk'd this guy once and left. check the logs and you can see how many times i got SHOT by other IRIS.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, im in britain, my ping was 120 (which is nothing) and i was finishing rounds with 60+hp

EDIT AGAIN: actually, no need to check the chat log, evidence of them trying to kill me is his own screenshot lol.

things got out of hand, but only because the SOB wouldnt stop whining....

oh and finally, as for him asking about "how he cant kill me" i think it was more like "you ****ing hacker"

a lot of this was in voice chat over the mic, so i hope he does post a demo....

MiasmicAnomie
2nd May 2006, 14:45
We don't ban for hacking without a solid demo. Merciless has been playing for a long, long time. And he's good - very good. Shadow, I've played with you, I know you're a decent hidden - so I know you, like all decent hiddens, have gotten the 'WTF I shot you point blank three times in the face with the shotgun' type comments when all they really did was slightly graze you as you pounced away.

Merciless, looked like a stressful situation, but the TK wasn't appropriate either. Grab demos, get them to me, so I know what's going on.

No action will be taken here, other than keeping an eye on both of your Steam IDs. I know you'll both handle situations like this better in the future.

Right? ;)

Merciless
2nd May 2006, 14:49
thanks for backing me up miasmic. i know the situation got out of hand as i said above, i apologise for the tk, just got a bit stressed & pissed off at being called a hacker... (well it wasnt just being called a hacker that annoyed me, it was the way i was being talked to, being shot and people trying to votekick me...)

but anyway, now you made my head feel big miasmic :P im gonna go try fit it through this door and go clean the house ^^

hutch
2nd May 2006, 18:18
this seems to happen to you alot merciless. :p

Merciless
2nd May 2006, 18:31
yah, tell me about it :p wouldnt mind, but i dont even wtfpwn anymore, i play around with barrels/bodies and slash etc. had to ps in that game near the time i left due to them all camping in one room xD

M_C
2nd May 2006, 18:32
Not enough evidence there NAA, sorry. You'll need a very good demo to prove he's cheating. 27/0 means nothing, by itself. The SS didn't even prove he TK'd you and deadclan uses mani tk punishment, IIRC. Again, demos are best. What the SS does prove is that a few people were being an ass but not enough to ban anyone. Like porchy, I'll keep an eye open.

=NAA=SHADOW
2nd May 2006, 18:43
check the bottom!
merc shot naa shadow with...!
then the mani punish came up! behind the console!

M_C
2nd May 2006, 19:02
check the bottom!
merc shot naa shadow with...!
then the mani punish came up! behind the console!
Ahhh...good point, the mani does show 1 TK but it doesn't prove it was intentional or show he quit right after the tk. TK's happen on FF servers, that's why there's a forgive option too. Again, sorry, but a demo might have been more conclusive. You can bind a couple buttons to start and stop them or just type the commands in the window.

record demoname.dem
stop

That's all you need. ;)

neebo
2nd May 2006, 20:40
Well... as far as i can tell it shows the damage done and as far as i can see its not "edited". That much damage should of annihilated him, Thats all i know

MiasmicAnomie
2nd May 2006, 20:56
From looking at the code:

The damage list is printed at the end of a round, or on your death. It is not 'Shadow just did 105 damage to Merciless', it is 'Shadow did 105 damage to Merciless over the entire round before Shadow died'.

Meaning that, yeah, =NAA=Shadow did 105 damage - but it could have easily been 55 here, 50 there (or any other combination) with time for Merciless to feed up in between. Considering there's a potential 200 extra life out there in IRIS ragdolls, I'm not at all surprised to see a damage list with damage of over a hundred.

Demented
2nd May 2006, 21:02
Unless it was 105 in 1 hit.

Sonic
2nd May 2006, 21:35
Unless it was 105 in 1 hit.

He explained that.

Isolation
2nd May 2006, 22:01
No. 105 IN ONE HIT should have killed him. If it was 105 in, say, 3 hits. It would be correct. The new damage report tells you how many hits the damage was done in.

Merciless
2nd May 2006, 22:03
One TK, purposeful or not, shouldnt be enough to get banned under these circumstances. plus, i took much more damage that 100 over the rounds that ensued.

Merciless
3rd May 2006, 13:16
*waits for demo to be posted*

The Laughing Man
3rd May 2006, 13:40
Hey on the subject of hits...

"The Laughing Man SS did 9 damage to *hidden* in 43 shots."