PDA

View Full Version : need server admins

chilly
1st May 2006, 23:39
Those of you who play on the euro hidden servers will probably have seen my servers (primefarm) - and they tend to be full, showing that people at least dont hate them!

Because of their popularity, I need a couple admins to weild the banstick for me since I've no time to police the servers myself properly (I do try but there is only so much time I can spend staring at game logs :) ).

So, if you are interested, either post below or PM, or post here (http://www.primefarm.co.uk/hosting/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5)

I am doing this for the good of the community - if we have better policed servers, everyone has more fun :) Lets spread the love people!

Cheers,

Chilly

Sonic
2nd May 2006, 00:02
I wouldn't suggest giving out the server admin powers, because you can't trust anyone because you don't kno them. You CAN,on the other and, serach the server admins forums for al the people that have already been reported and banned from Deadclan and Smokey's servers.

hutch
2nd May 2006, 00:04
i would see if anomie has the time to help you, hes a great admin

Sonic
2nd May 2006, 00:06
i would see if anomie has the time to help you, hes a great admin

Yeah, but he already spends a lot of time admining the Deadclan servers. It'd work a lot better if he just waited to find out who he can trust.

hutch
2nd May 2006, 00:34
yeah sonic your right...he has alot of time in deadclan

chilly
2nd May 2006, 09:47
My plan was to see who posts here, then do a forum search on them, if they only have one post or under, say, 20 its an automatic no, but if they post a lot and they seem to be sane then I'll consider it and talk to them.

I'm not just going to hand out the ban stick willy nilly, I'm not a bloody idiot ;)

EmeralDragon
2nd May 2006, 13:24
My plan was to see who posts here, then do a forum search on them, if they only have one post or under, say, 20 its an automatic no, but if they post a lot and they seem to be sane then I'll consider it and talk to them.

I'm not just going to hand out the ban stick willy nilly, I'm not a bloody idiot ;)

You might want to get the Mani Mod up and running first. You can setup different admin levels and assign them accordingly. Such as personal friends having full blown access, and new recruits only being able to kick.

My .03

Mr_Spoon
2nd May 2006, 14:43
I'll put my name forward - don't let the post count fool you, ive been here since the playtester - plus im a hiddenite if that adds anything :o

Quick! I need character references!!

Skornogr4phy
2nd May 2006, 15:14
If you are low on people, I would be happy to admin. I don't have any references here or whatever, but I have adminned other source games. Weekend only though ;)

edit°
2nd May 2006, 15:16
I've never seen spoony be a dick on our servers and I've never heard of him being a dick elsewhere.

I'd offer to help but the precious little hidden-time I get recently goes straight into smokeys.

RaideR
2nd May 2006, 16:34
If you are simply looking to ban TKers and People with fowl langauge, rasists etc. Hidden-Stats will soon have an option to screen that lot for you. I will post in the Hidden-Stats forum about this soon.

chilly
2nd May 2006, 20:24
hey thats pretty sweet raider.

@ everyone else, I'll be contacting you all shortly to discuss adminning.

And I know all about mani, I've been running CSS servers for ages with mani, its a damned good plugin. I'm just hoping I can get it set up stable for hidden.

Cheers all who applied - youl hear from me soon.

Chilly

chilly
12th May 2006, 19:46
Still wouldnt mind one or two more admins to help me out :)

as said in first post, pm email or post to the forum link I gave.

cheers,

Chilly