PDA

View Full Version : *Cough* Sorry little dusty

Rascal999
1st May 2006, 16:52
Well now that Ging has taken me off the used-toy shelf and let me come play again I would like to congratulate you on beta 3, I'm pretty sure your sick and tired of hearing that now, but it seems a lot has happened since my erhh exclusion had expired. I'm here writing this thread because I have been doing some ironing on your mod and come up with some, well little issues that need reviewing. Beg your pardon if you've heard some of these but here we go:

-Aura view- (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/Rascal999/hdn_discovery0000.jpg) Which I've only noticed today sometimes doesn't function correctly.

-Pistol usage- Nothing serious but sometimes when this little gun is shot (usually at excessive speed :rolleyes: ) you may fire the gun whilst its reloading. I've managed to shoot up to 5 rounds whilst their was no clip in the gun :D.

-Sound- Not another serious problem but worth patching up. At the beginning of the round if you switch on the Light Amplification Goggles whilst that guy is saying something, it'll cut him off. Quite useful if he gets on your nerves ;).

-Sonic Alarms- If you stand in front of the sonic alarm and move away from it again (sometimes) the laser only 'lasers' to the point in which the last IRIS' or Hidden's hitbox came into contact with it. Not sure about this but also (somtimes) the sonic alarms sound when nothing is intervening with the laser :confused:

Wow pretty hefty list :o not a problem to fix I should think. Another pointless point worth adding is that, when you place the sonic alarms on the wall or on the floor etc, you can't walk over/through them? I suppose you could get away with, "It adds to the realism" but I think it should be reconsidered and made erhh is it static? Quite funny though on hdn_highrise when you can go down half the block on sonic alarms. Anyway, hi again forum I'll try not to get myself banned again :confused:. Discuss

EDIT: Phooorrr nearly forgot, the Hidden taunt sounds (usually) doesn't work! That is the most annoying thing about beta 3. Anyway, back to Hidden...

Reiter
1st May 2006, 22:12
The sonic alarm bug where the alarm goes off continuously is caused when it hits an invisible barrier. For example, if you are on the ship level and set an alarm to where the laser shoots off the ship, it will go off constantly.

When this bug is fixed, I'd like to see the alarm go off with sound as well as in the radar.

With the pistol usage, that is a simple coding fix which could be released in a hotfix. The question being whether it is client-only or if you can kill someone else with this bug.

Rascal999
2nd May 2006, 08:28
The question being whether it is client-only or if you can kill someone else with this bug.
Good point. What computer language is Hidden written in?

majesticmerc
2nd May 2006, 09:24
-Aura view- (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/Rascal999/hdn_discovery0000.jpg) Which I've only noticed today sometimes doesn't function correctly.

Am I the only one that thinks the circled thingy looks like an imperial probe droid?

Chas0r
2nd May 2006, 09:29
Good point. What computer language is Hidden written in?
I always thought all source-mods were C++ ..

Ging
2nd May 2006, 09:56
indeed, all source mods are written in C++... though I fail to see how that'll help rascal...

Rascal999
2nd May 2006, 10:44
indeed, all source mods are written in C++... though I fail to see how that'll help rascal...
For my own ...'creations' :o

Do you use any LUA scripting in Hidden? I love that Garrysmod lets you use it :D

Ging
2nd May 2006, 11:04
Nope, we don't have the need to integrate Lua to the code base - it's not something we'd use.

Skifer
2nd May 2006, 15:48
Nope, we don't have the need to integrate Lua to the code base - it's not something we'd use.
Use it please :D .

Ging
2nd May 2006, 16:56
No, because this isn't GMod and we don't want to provide that sort of functionality... If that's what you want, go and play GMod instead...