PDA

View Full Version : Huge annoying auto-restart.

KillerTV
1st May 2006, 14:15
OK, so I'll start off by saying I love the Hidden, and this new installment really does raise the bar, it's a load of fun. But that is where the problem comes in, it makes me want to play it a lot. But for some reason, I can't run it over 30fps if everythings to low (except shaders). Now you might say it's my hardware, I am running a 7800GT, 2GB RAM, and a 3.6ghz P4. Everything else EXCEPT online source games run like heaven.
Now, the even more annoying part, so I have everything to low (Still on DX9 and high shaders so I have a chance to see the hidden) and I play for around 30 minutes, and then boom, it restarts. The last time I had this problem was a while back when my CPU was overheating, but like I say, it runs things like CoD 2 perfectly maxxed out.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

denzil
1st May 2006, 18:52
Have you got the latest drivers for your card (Sorry have to ask).

I found that I had the same problem with some resolutions, I have a good system in hardware terms, but I HAVE to play on 1280x1024 (LCD) as with the normal 1280x1024 or even down through 800x600 i can only hit like 20 FPS.

So yeah try selecting the resolution with LCD after it, is normally the bottom option in the list.

KillerTV
2nd May 2006, 14:58
Yeah, I do have the latest drivers, and I have the resolution in 1280x1024 LCD mode (Anything else looks crap :P).

I have a feeling I know the problem, a while back when I played CS: S, sometimes my Steam CPU usage would jump up to around 50%, which of course got the game in a stranglehold, I'm gonna check it now, cheers.

EDIT: Well that's odd, when everything is max, I decided to try it offline, in the tutorial, as the hidden, I got 80-200 fps constant, no matter what I did. I went online, and staring at a wall I got 20.

KillerTV
2nd May 2006, 21:18
OK, I realise that this is a pretty irregular problem, but it is highly irritating, and is stopping me playing, any help would be highly appreciated.