PDA

View Full Version : ends game

brooks421
1st May 2006, 13:54
k iv been playing beta 3 since its came out and its been fine. but today iv gone on and every like 4 to 6 mins my game crashes then goes to desktop. can use please help me. :(

YoMother
1st May 2006, 13:57
k iv been playing beta 3 since its came out and its been fine. but today iv gone on and every like 4 to 6 mins my game crashes then goes to desktop. can use please help me. :(
Did you get any errors of some kind?

brooks421
1st May 2006, 14:05
no, it just exits the game. the thing that gets to me is that its been working fine till now! ;(

YoMother
1st May 2006, 14:10
Try reinstalling. (The beta, not hl2. ;))

brooks421
1st May 2006, 17:30
what happens when u are running dirext 7?. becuse i was asking on the game and some people was saying im running directx 7 but im useing directx 8?? what would be the diffeence thro??. and when u said dont reinstall hl2 ,lol, im not a noob iv played dod for 3-4 years :)

YoMother
1st May 2006, 17:47
The hidden requires some kick ass hardware to run as it suppost to, so I suggest you stop buying candy and save up for an upgrade.

M_C
1st May 2006, 18:04
The hidden requires some kick ass hardware to run as it suppost to, so I suggest you stop buying candy and save up for an upgrade.
The hidden runs on dx8+, dx9 is better but dx8+ will work. The crash (usually the datacache.dll error (check the event log)) is being worked on. :rolleyes:

brooks421
1st May 2006, 18:28
so people with drirectx 7 can play on the game beucse i kicks them off?

M_C
1st May 2006, 18:36
Some people with dx6/7 cause other people to crash when they kill the hidden.

HeLLsLaYer
1st May 2006, 18:44
Dunno why, but it seems to me like B3 isn't as demanding as B2 was... I lag alot less in B3 then i did in B2... weird :confused: ...

YoMother
1st May 2006, 19:16
Dunno why, but it seems to me like B3 isn't as demanding as B2 was... I lag alot less in B3 then i did in B2... weird :confused: ...
Hej Daner.

Yes, B2 was very crappy.

We hope you enjoy this latest, much more stable version!

Brainstew
2nd May 2006, 22:29
You are getting the datacache.dll error, if you check your event viewer you will see the error message. I have the same problem, there is currently no fix for it. I don't think any of the other comments in this topic are even close to talking about what your problem is.

Kawalsky
3rd May 2006, 20:05
I am also receiving the datacache.dll error. Like everyone else, it's hitting me a few minutes into the game, sometimes almost immediately. In one instance, I'd coaxed an IRIS player into a nice, darkened, corridor and carefully snuck up behind him. As I was winding up with a pigsticker, I let loose with a radio taunt and had the satisfaction of seeing him turn around right as I plunged it home.

One split second before the attack connected and he was gibbed, the datacache.dll error hit, the screen froze with my knife a centimeter from his face, and I never got the kill.

PLEASE FIX THIS, the mod is sooo good!

Cyborg
3rd May 2006, 21:52
this version has removed certain unneeded visual effects. it is made to give you a fps boost over b2.