PDA

View Full Version : Cant See the the Hidden guy

Le_MoNaDe
1st May 2006, 04:42
I cant see the invisable guy, 617 or what ever he's called... :(

Ive done all the stuff in the guides and read through stuff to find out... but its like he's not even in the tutorail room thing... I do that wireframe thing and i still cant see him, ive changed my graphics and i cant see him still... I can sometimes see him in spectate (viewing through the cameras) but yeah... cant even see him.. :( any help?

my pc:
6600GT
AMD 64 3200+
1 GB RAM

Cheers

|eDgE
1st May 2006, 11:03
Try changing shaders in options/video/advance to high.
The actual hidden is very difficult to see

Blueflame
1st May 2006, 15:53
in launch options, try adding
-dxlevel 90

let me know if it works.

Callisto
1st May 2006, 18:43
I've got exactly the same problem.
In the tutorial (IRIS, in the Hidden's Observation room, the one with the small bed) I tried:
- sv_cheats 1 (noclip 1) to fly into the room
- mat_wireframe 1 to see the wireframe model
- starting with - dxlevel 90
but the hidden is SIMPLY not there. There's not a single moving polygon inside this room. I'm really going crazy here.

The options-menu shows, that I am running in DirectX9 mode, I've got every single setting to the maximum - from texture detail to shader quality.
My system is a:

ATI X800 GTO (256 MB)
Athlon64 3000+
1 GB of RAM

Really, if anyone could help me with that, I would really appreciate it...

Bye,
Michael

sLaY3D
1st May 2006, 19:17
I dont know why you wouldnt be able to see it, but I see him perfectly.

MiasmicAnomie
1st May 2006, 19:21
but the hidden is SIMPLY not there. There's not a single moving polygon inside this room. I'm really going crazy here.

You're not going crazy. Well, maybe you are, but this has nothing to do with it. The bot is failing to spawn in the tutorial.

This is fixed in the current codebase.

Le_MoNaDe
2nd May 2006, 04:07
ya for somereason its workin now.... and yeah i dont think the guys spawning in the tut.... but yeh i can randomly see him now... (well just :p )