PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes

Brainstew
30th April 2006, 17:50
Whenver I'm in game and hit escape to check my friends list or something the game crashes instantly. There are no error messages the game just closes to the desktop. Does anyone know how to fix this, because my friend who plays the mod with me is not having this problem.

MiasmicAnomie
30th April 2006, 17:56
We really can't fix it ourselves. The friends functionality is only fixable by Valve.

Brainstew
30th April 2006, 19:12
It's not from friends, sometimes it's when I hit escape other times it isn't. Earliar today I hit escape to go in and change my name and the game closed out. The mod is great though, the best mod for HL2.

Brainstew
1st May 2006, 01:59
I don't know what the problem is, but it's getting very annoying. I think the mods great, but I can't friggen play it because the game randomly closes to my desktop so many times.

M_C
1st May 2006, 02:01
I don't know what the problem is, but it's getting very annoying. I think the mods great, but I can't friggen play it because the game randomly closes to my desktop so many times.
Check your event log and see if it's the datacache.dll crash.

kaihuang
1st May 2006, 02:14
What if it is the datacache.dll file that's crashing? cuz that is what it is for me.

Brainstew
1st May 2006, 23:49
Yes it is.

MehMegahurtz
2nd May 2006, 00:50
Yes it is.

Hey M_C why don't you piss your pants and tell Brainstew there's a million diffewent threads 'bout dis!!!

hutch
2nd May 2006, 00:58
Hey M_C why don't you piss your pants and tell Brainstew there's a million diffewent threads 'bout dis!!!
well hello!
i would like to invite you to the troll m_c club, where after being offended by m_c's assholic actions, we actually begin to do what we have been acused of!
we troll
m_c and his laggy server are the sux

Dan(Jimmeh.Hunter)
2nd May 2006, 01:03
Hutch why do you hate M_C? He points out the obvious and now you are bashing his sever when you started a theard about how ever one should give it another chance.

M_C
2nd May 2006, 01:05
Yes it is.
Well now you know. As the retarded child said, there's a dozen other threads about the same thing, you'll find that it's caused by sub-dx8 players killing the hidden or otherwise dying sometimes. I had a feeling it was the same problem. ;)

MehMegahurtz
2nd May 2006, 15:37
Hutch why do you hate M_C? He points out the obvious and now you are bashing his sever when you started a theard about how ever one should give it another chance.

Because MC is a condescending little bitch, the proverbial forum ethics enforcer who in real life hardly gets out of his grandmas basement.

He points out the obvious, quite right... the obvious. Oh yeah and his server does lag.