PDA

View Full Version : Server Stats - What does your server use?

ThunderDan
30th April 2006, 06:11
How many servers are using Psychostats?

If you are using them do you already have it customized for Hidden?

I ask because I'm trying to get mine customized and I'm realizing that it's a lot of work. If someone has already done it that would be awesome.

M_C
30th April 2006, 06:15
I just use mani. *shrug*

AskedRelic
30th April 2006, 07:07
Yea, I've just been using Mani stats, although I don't think they are ranked properly. I would love to get PyschoStats going too on my server, although isn't all of this moot and what www.hidden-stats.co.uk is trying to accomplish? Are we ever going to hear what they are actually doing, maybe release a test version?

M_C
30th April 2006, 07:13
Yea, I've just been using Mani stats, although I don't think they are ranked properly. I would love to get PyschoStats going too on my server, although isn't all of this moot and what www.hidden-stats.co.uk is trying to accomplish? Are we ever going to hear what they are actually doing, maybe release a test version?
The problem is, some of us don't want to send our raw logs to non-valve individuals. If I could host the files myself, I might be more interested.

ThunderDan
30th April 2006, 07:20
Well - they are doing global stats. Which is good - I'm also participating in that.

The psychostats are really good for server level stats though.

Some of the coolest things I've seen as admin:

time played on each map <- I can pull something out of rotation if people seem to leave on it
playerstats <- When someone says so and so was tking all the time - I can pull up so and so and see - 45% of their kills were tks.
If I had the time (where time equals knowledge), I could write a script to bring up all players with over 33% tk and have it give me all the steamids.

There's a lot of neat things you can do. I do wish the devs would have put PS as a separate kill type than regular knife, but again a script can be written to parse knife kills where damage was > 100 and lable them PS kills.

So, far it looks like no one has customized it yet. I know CK uses it, but they use the hosted version that you can't customize.

CK*BLACKWOLF
30th April 2006, 17:51
but here are the stats we run.
http://customkillers-thehidden.fusionstats.com/

M_C
30th April 2006, 19:34
I'm sure there's a lot that goes into those stats pages, I'd just be happier running/controling them on my own network or at least pre-parse what I don't want sent. I'll have to check them out.

The.ViruS
30th April 2006, 19:40
You control if you want them to send or not. If your not comfortable with what may be sent dont enable them, but for **** sake stop going on about what youd be happier with. The chances are its not going to happen otherwise we wouldnt get a full stats reading.

RaideR
30th April 2006, 20:19
Yes, you may see a demo in a short while... I will post in the Hidden Stats forum shortly

ThunderDan
30th April 2006, 22:26
As far as modding Psychostats to play nice with hidden, this is were I'm currently at.

http://hidden1.thunderinnovations.com/

I'm using the hldm base, but I'm going to try the CS one, that seems like it's better suited for B3 now that damage is being measured.

For MC, you can currently download and use the psychostats for hl2dm and they work fairly well. They'll produce the same thing that CK has, but you can run it on your own machine.

M_C
30th April 2006, 22:47
Thanks, that might be a perfect solution. ;)