PDA

View Full Version : majesticmerc's Bug List: Beta 3

majesticmerc
29th April 2006, 03:55
Hey guys, just started playing the new version and am loving it to the max, but there are a few bugs, some more important than others. Just thought I'd point out the one's I've found....

================================================== ======
Notable Bugs

~ IRIS Tutorial: There is not a hidden in the Cell. sv_cheats 1 and cl_showhitboxes 1 shows nothing in regards to a hidden.

~ Low Spec Systems: My friend has a fairly low spec system (512MB RAM, AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (I think), Nvidia Geforce 3Ti) and has severe stability issues now as opposed to just not being able to see the hidden very well in beta 2a. dropping Graphics to a complete minimum increases stability, but does not stop crashes altogether.

~ Tutorial Bug: If you complete the Hidden tutorial and then click the Hidden Tutorial again (box does not dissappear when you start Hidden tut. the first time), the game freezes and processor usage hits 100%, meaning you have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and end the game through task manager*.

~ Program Hangs: Apparently random from what I've seen, but it's only happened once or twice so I'll give more information as it occurs, but occasionally the program seems to hang for about a second, then continues as normal, this bug was not in B2a. This bug occurs on my system (Med-High Spec*) and on my friends system (Low Spec).

*My System Spec: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice) @ 1.8Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 6600 256MB, 1024MB RAM, WinXP Pro 32-Bit (Despite what my Sig says :P)

Insignificant bugs, but worth noting nonetheless:

Tutorial Menu: When clicking "Tutorial" from the main menu, the menu appears, but when a selection has been made, the window moves behind the main menu text and remains open, the tutorial options ("Hidden", "IRIS") Remain available for selection.

Hope I've given enough information, and despite the bugs, this is to be expected with a game in Beta, and it's still one of the best HL2 mods nonetheless. Well done guys :D

EDIT: 1 more thing, but a preference thing more than anything, so I'm not bothered in the least about it if you don't take notice....

Vision blurring: When you get hit by a pipe bomb your vision gets blurred (very nice idea) but the blurring is very boxy and would look soooooo much better if it was a proper HL2-esque blur as opposed to a mosaic effect.

EDIT2: Also just noticed I put this in the wrong section, so if it needs moving I apologise >_<

EmeralDragon
29th April 2006, 04:32
Hey guys, just started playing the new version and am loving it to the max, but there are a few bugs, some more important than others. Just thought I'd point out the one's I've found....

Notable Bugs

~ IRIS Tutorial: There is not a hidden in the Cell. sv_cheats 1 and cl_showhitboxes 1 shows nothing in regards to a hidden.

~ Low Spec Systems: My friend has a fairly low spec system (512MB RAM, AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (I think), Nvidia Geforce 3Ti) and has severe stability issues now as opposed to just not being able to see the hidden very well in beta 2a. dropping Graphics to a complete minimum increases stability, but does not stop crashes altogether.

~ Tutorial Bug: If you complete the Hidden tutorial and then click the Hidden Tutorial again (box does not dissappear when you start Hidden tut. the first time), the game freezes and processor usage hits 100%, meaning you have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and end the game through task manager*.

~ Program Hangs: Apparently random from what I've seen, but it's only happened once or twice so I'll give more information as it occurs, but occasionally the program seems to hang for about a second, then continues as normal, this bug was not in B2a. This bug occurs on my system (Med-High Spec*) and on my friends system (Low Spec).

*My System Spec: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice) @ 1.8Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 6600 256MB, 1024MB RAM, WinXP Pro 32-Bit (Despite what my Sig says :P)

Insignificant bugs, but worth noting nonetheless:

Tutorial Menu: When clicking "Tutorial" from the main menu, the menu appears, but when a selection has been made, the window moves behind the main menu text and remains open, the tutorial options ("Hidden", "IRIS") Remain available for selection.

Hope I've given enough information, and despite the bugs, this is to be expected with a game in Beta, and it's still one of the best HL2 mods nonetheless. Well done guys :D

EDIT: 1 more thing, but a preference thing more than anything, so I'm not bothered in the least about it if you don't take notice....

Vision blurring: When you get hit by a pipe bomb your vision gets blurred (very nice idea) but the blurring is very boxy and would look soooooo much better if it was a proper HL2-esque blur as opposed to a mosaic effect.

EDIT2: Also just noticed I put this in the wrong section, so if it needs moving I apologise >_<

I don't have a funky blur when a pipebomb goes off, just the usual...blurry blur, lol.

I just really wish there would be an answer to the mass disconnects plaguing most servers. I'm in the process of de-installing Mani Mod to see if that helps. My servers fill up in less than 30 seconds, but then a few minutes later dumps everyone out (without the server itself crashing).

Plus we're getting really bad moments of lag that affect everyone at once, but it's not even showing a hiccup on the server end.

Strange stuff indeed.

Blueflame
29th April 2006, 06:56
i know what you mean by the boxyness.

i think its snazzy though.
looks kinda cool.

Nyuu
29th April 2006, 07:36
I can't change my spray. I click on the multiplayer tab, and there's only the name box, and the advanced button. Just grey void on the right.